Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Global Fat Bike Day 2013 12/7/2013

Quote Originally Posted by orange guy View Post
    They did have 4 in stock. I helped get them to 3. Hope I can keep up with you all.
    which one did you snag?
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

It never made it to the floor. I unpacked it, Phil built it.

I unpacked it, Phil built it.
    fuggin A

It never made it to the floor. I unpacked it, Phil built it.
    I enjoy the look of your bicycle. It is shiny and black and fat and rad.

Cheers to that bike.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post

It's only 11 days away.
    This is the first I'm hearing of this!
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

So the gathering of tires continued last night, with a stop into Bike One in Moline. Our own Jeremiah jumped in front of my truck as I was pulling in, and was able to chat with him for a minute. He was as giddy as a schoolchild for the upcoming fat bike gathering.

Bike One donated (free of charge) a Surly Nate tire. Nate is about the baddest, gnarliest, grabbiest, braapinest 3.8 on the market. Perfect winter tire for stompin' roots and snow and such.

They have 3 fat bikes in stock and assembled- ready to roll. If you like aluminum over steel, they have a small (15"), medium (17") and large (19') Kona "Wo"'s for purchase. They are a matte black and tough as nails looking. The owner Randy made it be known that FORC members will receive a discount if they would like to purchase one. Thanks to Randy and Jeremiah at Bike One.

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!

Fat Black Friday stomp out to Dee's for lunch and Hawks football/bonfire. Not sure what time we'll be taking off from the Freight House, but it will be in the morning- we will post up when everyone decides what time.

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Stomp, Hawkeye football, and bonfire?! Damn... Wish I was back in town on Black Friday.

For the record, 11am is still "in the morning"

Go whoever the Hawks are playing.

Vitt and I are meeting at 9am. Heading slowly to Dee's for the game at 11am.

If you can't make the early 9am start, post up and head out when you are ready.

Gonna be colder than a well digger's a** on Saturday... Layers, layers, layers. Wear extra, you can always take it off and throw it in your pack if it's too much.

The good thing is the stompin' grounds and trails at SBP are going to be prime, beer will stay cold throughout the day and fat bike don't give a sh*t about weather.

This is going to be a memorable event. Never thought I'd be so excited to spend an entire day out in below 20 degree weather, but us Midwesterners are a tough breed, and I take pride in that.

See you all Saturday morning!

The sun is supposed to be out and the winds look light, it will be a beautiful winter day.

It's my job to represent the Cleveland sanction of fatbike riders. I'm doing my best to spread the word and teach people the ways of the stomp. Lots of people are excited but have yet to get the bike! That said, I'll be riding alone on Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be out there all day stomping the woods, drinking whiskey and beer, and going overboard (maybe OTB) and doing the QC proud.

Cleveland has some prime stomping ground, if any of you come out here to Ray's, bring the fatbike and we'll do it right!

Stomping with you guys in spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    It's my job to represent the Cleveland sanction of fatbike riders. I'm doing my best to spread the word and teach people the ways of the stomp. Lots of people are excited but have yet to get the bike! That said, I'll be riding alone on Saturday. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be out there all day stomping the woods, drinking whiskey and beer, and going overboard (maybe OTB) and doing the QC proud.

Cleveland has some prime stomping ground, if any of you come out here to Ray's, bring the fatbike and we'll do it right!

Stomping with you guys in spirit.

you sure know how to make a fellow fat biker proud.

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    you sure know how to make a fellow fat biker proud.
    +1

You will be in our hearts and flasks as well, Mitch.

guys, is this really happening?!

somebody pinch me.......

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    guys, is this really happening?!

somebody pinch me.......
    Cancelled. Sorry. Too warm.

I figured it would be cancelled due to the threat of snow* on Sunday. Wouldn't want to risk us getting stranded.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

There will be enough booze to provide survival calories for weeks

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    I figured it would be cancelled due to the threat of snow* on Sunday. Wouldn't want to risk us getting stranded.
    Threat of snow on Sunday? Maybe we should move it back a day.

So knobbies, that was just an awful experience! My checkbook is already crying at the expense of the fat bike soon to be purchased! Thanks for an amazingly fun time!
    I wanna ride!

Thanks again to everyone that came out and celebrated GFBD! Especially the guys that helped organize, donate and keep everyone on course.

I suppose there is a demand for another big group ride of fat proportions this Winter...I'll get the gears going for the QC Enchanted Fat Bike Stomp!

Cheers to all the FORCers that came out in full force. Way to represent!

[IMG][/IMG]

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Thanks again Jake (and everybody else) for organizing this. As always, it was a great way to spend a cold winter day in the QC.