Thread: Hey there! New guy here.

Default Hey there! New guy here.

Howdy!

Earlier this year I was persuaded into riding the Enchanted stomp. It went like this:

-Borrowed Crazy Randy's Giant full suspension
    -Totally amped by the turn out, donuts
    -Promptly pulled a cartoonish chest plant at the bottom of the grassy mound in Centennial Park.
    -Stomped all around Credit Island (rocks, roots, mud, whiskey...;-)|;-)|;-)|;-)| yes)
    -Met great dudes
    -Drank....a lot
    -Drunk crashed heading back to Davenport on the clear bike path in daylight. Would have completely forgotten if not for...

-Cancelled Valentine's dinner reservations at Red Crow for that night with my wife...

Luckily my wife is a gem.

But that shit was a hoot and I'm hooked. Dead set on scoring a fat bike this year. Ran into Brian at Front Street the other day, rode his Pugsley...KILLER BIKE. If you're here, thanks again partner!

Later,
    Lyle

Welcome, Mr. Biscuit!

Glad you had a great time, sorry to hear about the crash. That's like, a bummer, dude. You weren't the only one that busted a clavicle that fine day...

My advice is to go get that bike ordered pronto, time is a wasting. Being that your wife is so understanding, she surely won't have a problem with dropping a dime on a fatty. Global Fat Bike Day is December 7th, so time is ticking and trust me, you won't want to miss that one.

Also, I hope you don't mind when I am putting together the Enchanted Stomp if I can use your timeline of events to promote the ride? That summed up the day pretty well.

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

You can sure use that summary for promo!

It's a "Type II AC Joint Separation". Not as bad as a clavicle break in the short term, but in the long term it never really heals...end of the clavicle just kinda floats there. Oh well.

Brian told me about Dec 7th and said the QC is going to be a hub. That's awesome. Cheers!