Thread: 2014 Race Director Nominations

Default 2014 Race Director Nominations

First I would like to say: THANKS TO KINGS AND NEIPS FOR THEIR AMAZING JOB ORGANIZING AND RUNNING OUR RACES IN THE 2012-2013 SEASONS!

As mentioned in this Month's Membership Meeting (uhhh, and maybe last month's too), we will be taking nominations for the 2014 Race Director position. The Race Director is an elected member of the FORC Board of Directors, who is responsible for race promotion, schedule, timing, general awards, and other responsibilities. The Race Director will work with the appropriate Trail Steward to set up the race course. The race purse will be determined by the Board of Directors and distributed by the Treasurer.

Being Race Director does not mean you have to do everything alone! Kings and Neips worked together for the 2012-2013 seasons, and before that, we've had years where we had a committee of FORCers who split up responsibilities!

I nominated Michael Vittetoe in the September Meeting! Don't be afraid to nominate anyone you think may be interested and/or good in the position, they can simply decline if they are not interested! If you do not wish to post your nomination publicly, feel free to PM me and I'll post it for you.

SO WHO WANTS TO STEP UP AND HELP FORC PUT ON SOME AWESOME RACES IN 2014!?

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Our monthly meeting is next Monday so I wanted to bump this up. Not much activity, maybe you are PM'ing Steve? If you are interested in the job you can nominate your self, it's not weird!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I nominate Drew Hansen as race director.

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

I nominate Russ Bardsley for race director! He's a pretty good dude! And he always has beer!!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Illiniwek View Post
    I nominate Drew Hansen as race director.

JB
    I humbly decline the nomination.

I must also decline. I have way too much goofing off to do.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.