Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday Fat Bike STOMP to Dee's (10/18)

Default Friday Fat Bike STOMP to Dee's (10/18)

The cooler temps have me longing for a group stomp out around the Island and to Dee's Enchanted Inn for beers, food and bonfire.

Convening at Front Street at the Freight House, time TBD. Check this post later this week and we'll have a definite time ironed out. Chances are we leave by 4:30 so we can get there by dark, but the ride home will require lights, so charge 'em up.

Talked to Dee and there is plenty of wood for a couple hours, which is rad.

No fat bike? Come on out and enjoy the fire either way.

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

sounds like a reasonably fun time.

I'm in.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

My fat bike appears to be mildly interested.

I'll see if I can get off work in time.

4:30? Are we scared of the dark?

I'm going to try to make it with my *new* Fatty Tested / Fatty Approved necro which just joined the fleet (and I owe Mielke a beer or two now).
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

As long as I get of work early. I already talked to my fat boy and he's in!

Westy doesn't always add an animation, but when he does...

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    Westy doesn't always add an animation, but when he does...

Nice. Waaay better than the one of the guy shooting crap all over the guy in the shower.

Oh, and BD, not afraid of the dark, but the challenge of riding home in the dark after a few hours at Dee's is as fun as it gets.

Necro for sale!!!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    Nice. Waaay better than the one of the guy shooting crap all over the guy in the shower.

Oh, and BD, not afraid of the dark, but the challenge of riding home in the dark after a few hours at Dee's is as fun as it gets.

Necro for sale!!!
    Your Necro is for sale?

Ha, nope. It was one cold December night on the way back from getting enchanted out at Dee's whilst I laid in a pile of snow, unable to keep my bike upright for more than a few yards.

Things tend to get a little wild on trips like this.

Why, you want to buy it?? Very lightly used. ;-)

Ha, nope. It was one cold December night on the way back from getting enchanted out at Dee's whilst I laid in a pile of snow, unable to keep my bike upright for more than a few yards.

Things tend to get a little wild on trips like this.

Why, you want to buy it?? Very lightly used. ;-)
    Haha. I remember the beginning of that night. I lost my gloves somewhere on the way back...

My friend Kyle's looking for one, but I think he wants a Moonie.

Also, feel free to post up what time you can make it if you can't make the earlier time. Get a group and stomp on out and meet up.

We'll keep the beer cold.

So basically you are worried it will be too epic so you are going to prevent that by getting to dee's a bit earlier - got it.

Also, feel free to post up what time you can make it if you can't make the earlier time. Get a group and stomp on out and meet up.

We'll keep the beer cold.
    How about say........1 o'clock

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    So basically you are worried it will be too epic so you are going to prevent that by getting to dee's a bit earlier - got it.
    Depends on how you look at it. Getting to Dee's earlier=more time spent there drinking beer=more "epic" ride home in the dark. Quit whining Dalbey and ask your boss to get off a little early and meet us at 4:30.

Hmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy View Post
    Hmmmmmmm
    there's no pondering... or considering... or trying...

there is only do.

or do not.

bring. your. A$$.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

I missed the first stomp/bonfire at Dee' s I'm not missing this one (unless one of the grand kids needs me) I'll be there!

FM
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Ok'd to get off of work early and Kyle's coming along, too. This'll be a grand ol' time.

Ben, I have a tube for you, too. Thanks again!

BUMP

just in case you forgot

Who would forget about a Friday night stomp to Dee's?!

I might have to skip this one...I've got my competitive knitting league on Friday nights. Totally cereal right meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post
    I might have to skip this one...I've got my competitive knitting league on Friday nights. Totally cereal right meow.
    You could at least crochet like a real man.