Thread: Donate clothes and supplies to help Washington, IL (think Farmdale) tornado victims

Default Donate clothes and supplies to help Washington, IL (think Farmdale) tornado victims

Fellow FORCers Chris True and Ana Aguilara are initiating a donation effort to help those in need after the tornado ripped up their homes in Washington, IL and they asked me to reach out to FORCers. I will also be cross posting this on the FORC Facebook page so that Chris can communicate in one central location. Fellow biker Mike Staub's (aka Stauby) in-laws sustained heavy damage to their house rendering it uninhabitable and I am sure you've seen the news coverage of all the homes and belongings (including clothes) completely blown away.

Chris and Ana will be loading up their truck and trailer with donated supplies and plan to leave their Davenport office on Thursday 11/21/13 at 2 PM (they want to get there before dark). If you can donate any items (food, clothes, etc) they can pick them up from your house or if you're near River drive you can drop off at office -- One River Place: 1225 E River Drive. It feels good to help, now clean out your closets, kitchen, etc. Get rid of the stuff you don't use.

Please make a donation. Suggested items are:

Clothes, blankets, kitchen stuff, batteries, cleaning supplies, etc.

If you want to make a monetary donation, visit http://www.crossroads4all.org/ (Cross Roads Church is the facility serving as the Red Cross check point in Washington).
    Last edited by Bexter; 11-19-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    I wanna ride!

Do you know where I can drop off items?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

More information about giving to help those in need from this disaster:

Charity Navigator - Midwest Tornadoes
    WQAD - How You Can Help

Keller Williams Realty 1225 E River Drive Suite 110 Davenport, IA (across street from Gilda's Place). They will be accepting donations through 2 PM Thursday.
    I wanna ride!