Thread: Take A Kid Mountain Biking, Oct 5th, Sunderbruch Park

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Take A Kid Mountain Biking, Oct 5th, Sunderbruch Park

This is the 10th year IMBA has promoted this event. It will be the second year for FORC.
    Please invite your friends to bring their kids to this event. Would love to have 15-20 kids participate in the mornings activities.

Want to introduce your kids to Mountain Biking? Maybe they want to introduce you! Well come to this family event and learn more about the sport and also get out and ride or walk the trails to see what it is all about.
    Kids of all ages will enjoy this. We will have some simple obstacles set up in the lower area. This is where we will have some healthy snacks and also some smores! Moderation is key right?!? :)
    For those that are ready we can head out on some actual trails for short 15-45 minutes ride. No cost to attend and the kids might even win some free stuff! So no excuses!!! BRING THE FAMILY.

Also Bike One will be on site for MINOR adjustments at no charge!

It will be low key and laid back. What happens will be dictated by the age and skill of who shows up.

Would be great to have 5-10 volunteers on hand to help set up a swag table and some basic obstacles.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I will be there! Do I get a participation ribbon?

I'll be there. After the shindig is done, I plan to ride for those of you interested.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    I'll be there. After the shindig is done, I plan to ride for those of you interested.
    My wife, son and I will be there and we'll ride with you when its done.
    Doesn't ride well with Roadies!

The Doctor and the fattie will be there to hopefully not steer the children in the wrong direction. I will do my best to not put bad ideas in their little heads.
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."
    -John Wayne

Were planning on being there if the wife doesnt go into labor between now and then. If she does while there, well were alot closer to the hospital that way

Seeing as weather forecast was insanely wrong do we have a backup plan?

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Even if the trails are closed we will still have our event. There is a lot we can do in the grassy area next to the pavilion(and Fireplace!) However if it is raining we will cancel the event. Please check back here at 8am for a final decision.

My schedule does not allow for a reschedule. Though someone could take over! :)
    A Value Oriented Cyclist