Thread: full suspension giant options.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I ride a 2011 Anthem 29er X3...pretty much the exact same spec as the Trance. The SLX group is great...might not be as quick shifting or as light as XT/XTR, but it definitely gets the job done. That Fox suspension will be nice on the Trance as well.

I'm assuming the 2013 Anthem 29er is the X4 model? If so, the spec is worse than the Trance but it is still plenty good for pretty much any trail in the Midwest. I dig my Anthem, its a great bike...but I don't have a lot of experience riding other comparable bikes.

I guess what it comes down to is what you are looking to do with the bike. The Trance will definitely be more "huckable" than the Anthem, but also won't be as race-y as the Anthem. If you are looking to get into XC racing, get the Anthem; if you are looking for a fun bike to hit kickers and drops, get the Trance. (both bikes can easily do both though)

Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post
    I ride a 2011 Anthem 29er X3...pretty much the exact same spec as the Trance. The SLX group is great...might not be as quick shifting or as light as XT/XTR, but it definitely gets the job done. That Fox suspension will be nice on the Trance as well.

I'm assuming the 2013 Anthem 29er is the X4 model? If so, the spec is worse than the Trance but it is still plenty good for pretty much any trail in the Midwest. I dig my Anthem, its a great bike...but I don't have a lot of experience riding other comparable bikes.

I guess what it comes down to is what you are looking to do with the bike. The Trance will definitely be more "huckable" than the Anthem, but also won't be as race-y as the Anthem. If you are looking to get into XC racing, get the Anthem; if you are looking for a fun bike to hit kickers and drops, get the Trance. (both bikes can easily do both though)
    sage advice right here, OP.

the SLX stuff is most definitely a solid component group and should serve you well for a few riding seasons at least, if not longer, depending on how hard you are on bikes, of course.

$1500 sounds to be a pretty decent deal... buy it!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."