Thread: Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements Tutorial...

Default Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements Tutorial...

So as you may recall, when Cam was born I went out and bought an HD Camcorder to film him growing up (Read: To use while mountain biking). Problem is this has exposed my 21st Century computer illiteracy. So I have all this film and no idea how to make a movie of it. Does anyone else know how to use this program?!? I'm sure it's very easy if I only knew what I was doing. If you do know how to use it, would you be willing to show me the ropes? I suppose I could buy different software if there is a more user-friendly option. I haven't opened the package, yet...Just using the trial version so far. Thanks in advance!

I have used Adobe Premiere 5 and 6 before, and Photoshop 6; but not Adobe Elements. I could probably help you get started, but I may not know all the techniques of Element, but I could show you how to capture, and use the timeline, transitions.

Also, after I learned the above basics, I went out and bought an Adobe Classroom book. From there you can Google specific questions like, 'How do I do ______?' And you will come up with sites that have written tutorials and videos on YouTube.

I've been using Adobe Premiere 6.0 for about 5 yrs now, most of which I self taught thru free online tutorials & a few hints from friends & reading the help section in the program. As fpr help with Elements i'm sure it cant be that hard to work with and if you need some help doing it i'd be happy to help. If you haven't seen my movies yet here's a link to my youtube channel. if you'd like to check them out.
    "Keep your flesh off the ground"

Chuck Norris Guest

Since I do this fun-tastic stuff all day long, some of the best resources for using software, such as Premiere/Photoshop,etc are available on the web. Here are some nice links:

creative cow - www.creativecow.net
    Adobe online training - www.adobe.com
    good tutorials -www.good-tutorials.com
    tutorialized - http://www.tutorialized.com/

Honestly, I find Final Cut/Final Cut Express more "friendly" than Premiere. The only advantage you have with Premiere is the integration with other adobe products (this choice is up to you). Otherwise, you start barking with the expensive stuff - like the 50k suite I sit at. I'm sure this is not in your bike budget!