Thread: Bike Overnight Self Supported Touring Ride, Sat Sep 21 - Sun Sep 22, 2013..you going?

Default Bike Overnight Self Supported Touring Ride, Sat Sep 21 - Sun Sep 22, 2013..you going?

I'm going, loading up by Fatbike and rolling...any other FORCs plan on going?

Bike Overnight Self Supported Touring Ride, Sat Sep 21 - Sun Sep 22, 2013
    Mississippi River Trail, Davenport to Oakville, Iowa and return.

Hosted by Leonard Jefferson

Do you have a touring bike but do not have the time for a long self supported bike tour? Then we have the perfect overnight bike tour for you. We plan on riding the Mississippi river Trail from Downtown Davenport to the Fourth Pumping Station County Park in Oakville, Iowa. The park has a primitive camp ground along the banks of the Mississippi River. The route in 63 miles one way and includes six miles of gravel and some challenging climbs.

If this is the tour for you please contact Leonard Jefferson at (563) 209-7715 or email at jefferslx@msn.com for more information"
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

Farmdale Fest bro. They have a fatbike category in the race.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers2009 View Post
    Farmdale Fest bro. They have a fatbike category in the race.
    I need miles on my legs...Trans Iowa...weekends wasted on 7-12 miles isn't gonna do it. Check with Tod, he may be going.
    Baller.....

Baller....

No offense, seriously but dude....

Farmdale Fest is FAR from a "weekend wasted." The Farmdale Fest, and PAMBA in general, basically laid the ground work for all that most present day FORCers know about riding, partying, and HFDB'n.

I get that you're training, and man you've set a lofty goal and I'm stoked on that and I'm rooting for you to meet that goal....

but taking a weekend "off" to relax, have fun, drink beer, and ride bikes with a bunch of like-minded knobbies for a day or two is well worth the "waste."

heck, you may even come across a FORCer or PAMBAite or any other biker that may have some sage advice on endurance riding...you never know. but hanging out and having fun, with plenty of riding bikes mixed in, is what this club is all about.

it's a great time man, and is far from a waste. you've got plenty of weekends between now and the TI...come on out and enjoy it!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Riding to some campground with old fogies isn't going to be great training. Riding sweet trails all day on Saturday and then racing on Sunday will be better. Seriously, Farmdale is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    Riding to some campground with old fogies isn't going to be great training. Riding sweet trails all day on Saturday and then racing on Sunday will be better. Seriously, Farmdale is awesome.
    LMAO...but I am an old fogie :)

Ok...you and jimithng23 have peaked my interest...anyone camping?
    Baller.....

We're all camping.

I'll be there Fri-Sun
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

You can easily put in 30+ mile day(s) at Farmdale which is going to be close to a 64 mile road ride. Much more fun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Armyballer View Post
    LMAO...but I am an old fogie :)

Ok...you and jimithng23 have peaked my interest...anyone camping?
    Haha. Not so old, my friend.

I'm not camping, but wish I could. Bring your Scott and Pugs. Race fat bikes with us.

I want to get in one more weekend self support this year, which will probably be the last trip on my current rig. Definitely the wrong weekend though!