Thread: volunteers for the Dirty Duo

Default volunteers for the Dirty Duo

This is a call out to anyone who can help at the Dirty Duo on Sunday, Oct. 6th. If you are not racing it, then please consider volunteering. You will earn a pair of socks, some brew, and my undying gratitude! The race starts at 11am, and should be wrapped up @ 1pm, so there will still be plenty of time for our usual Sunday activities.
    The racers will be pre-registered, but I will need someone to hand out timing chips, bib #'s, and socks.
    I will also need a person for the water stop in the parking lot of the flying field.
    I will need @ 3 people to direct racers during the run course, and @ 6 for the bike course.
    And if anyone can get there early to help mark the course, set up bike racks, etc., that would be great!
    thanks, Karen

I plan to be there to help and can help in whatever capacity you need.
    I wanna ride!

the browns will be there to lend a hand.

Thanks to those who have volunteered to help so far; but I could really use a few more. If you aren't planning on racing, then please consider helping out.
    cheers, beers, and a pair of socks will be your reward :-)

I will either race or help one or the other

I will check with the Women's Outdoor Club to see if they can lend a few hands. How many more people do you think you need?
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kiks View Post
    Thanks to those who have volunteered to help so far; but I could really use a few more. If you aren't planning on racing, then please consider helping out.
    cheers, beers, and a pair of socks will be your reward :-)
    I would be happy to help for cheers, beers and a pair of socks. Let me know where and when.

I'm up for it if I can find a way there. Btw, where is it at?

Quote Originally Posted by lonerganc134 View Post
    I'm up for it if I can find a way there. Btw, where is it at?
    Scott County Park

thanks, Joan! Be at the MTB trailhead at Scott County Park @ 10.30am.
    As a reminder to all, here is a repost of the event-I hope that you will want to race it; Forcmeister is making some cool trophies. Plus we will have some Pedal Your Ass Off Porter & some Kick Ass Kolsch for your rehydrating needs!

Who? YOU! an individual event designed to introduce you to local trails; no teams.

What? An off-road duathlon consisting of one @ 1.75 mile trail run and one @ 7 mile trail bike ride. Chip timed.

When? Sunday, October 6th, 2013 at 11.00 am. There is currently no rain date. If event is cancelled, you will receive your socks and a $2 credit for any GetMeRegistered race.

Where? Scott County Park, Eldridge, IA. The run will be on open grass and on the single-track trails; the bike portion will be on the non-technical, wide single-track trails and grass trails. Check the current SCP map on this site; we will be running on the Long Grove & Tarmac loops, and biking on the horse trails and the Park View loop.

How? Limited to 100 preregistered entrants, $20; Socks will be given to each racer.
    1st, 2nd, & 3rd place trophies for male/female for age groups: the minors, the majors, and the masters.

Why? Part of the proceeds will be used to benefit local running & bicycling trails; both paved & unpaved.

http://fitfoamfun.org/# https://secure.getmeregistered.com/r...ent_id=8727&c=
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fitfo...90568124378434 Karen @ 563-326-9113
    Last edited by kiks; 09-25-2013 at 11:00 AM.

The Doctor will be there to help with whatever is needed.
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."
    -John Wayne

Bringing this up again. If you can spare a few hours Sunday, come on out and give us a hand. Thanks FORCers!
    Quote Originally Posted by kiks View Post
    This is a call out to anyone who can help at the Dirty Duo on Sunday, Oct. 6th. If you are not racing it, then please consider volunteering. You will earn a pair of socks, some brew, and my undying gratitude! The race starts at 11am, and should be wrapped up @ 1pm, so there will still be plenty of time for our usual Sunday activities.
    The racers will be pre-registered, but I will need someone to hand out timing chips, bib #'s, and socks.
    I will also need a person for the water stop in the parking lot of the flying field.
    I will need @ 3 people to direct racers during the run course, and @ 6 for the bike course.
    And if anyone can get there early to help mark the course, set up bike racks, etc., that would be great!
    thanks, Karen

If the stars all line up right Deb and I will be there.

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Could everyone who would like to volunteer please sign up at
    https://secure.getmeregistered.com/r...vent_id=8727&c
    this way I can get your sock size, email for further instructions, and of course, you will need to sign the online waiver.
    thanks!
    Karen

All signed up to help anyway I can!

Thanks to everyone who volunteered yesterday; really appreciated the help! The sponsors, spectators, racers, and helpers were all awesome. cheers!