We are going to be working out at Illiniwek over the next few evenings to repair a section of trail that has a bunch of glass buried under the trail surface (an old dump site I think). The trail surface is wearing down, shards of glass are starting to poke through, and there is a risk of punctures, cuts, and other nastiness associated with glass shards.

We will be digging out a few inches of the old trail and replacing the glass filled dirt with clean fill that has been provided by the park. There is about 70 feet of trail in need of this treatment and the more people that can help out the faster it will be done. I'm hoping to get it done before the next Taming Tune Up on Thursday.

The only tools which are needed are wheelbarrows, rogue hoes, and flat shovels. Our tool cache is a bit sparse at the moment because the folks in DeWitt are borrowing some of them but I do have 4 flat shovels for people to use.

I plan on starting around 6:00 the next few evenings and we won't be working for long because of the heat (bring plenty of water). Meet in the upper parking lot on the South Loop next to the Salt Dome. Eye protection and gloves recommended.