Thread: Trail Report From Sylvan Island

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default Trail Report From Sylvan Island

Zach and I stormed the beach at Sylvan Island last Sunday and did a quick hike to check out the trail conditions. I did a writeup with a few dozen photos of our findings here: Sylvan Island Returning to Nature

these photos make me sad....
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    these photos make me sad....
    Mad, sad...all in the same. I get a feeling though once something is done to regain access to the island, FORC will be there, rogue hoes and chainsaws in hand to return the island to better than ever condition.

Thanks for the recon, fellas.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Vice President

ayh! there be no homeless that we could stir up either!

Simply put this sux...I'll have PCS'd by the time this gets opened again. :/
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

If I try to keep an optimistic view of this. Perhaps when we do get to reclaim the actual trails, the rogue shortcuts won't be so easy for the rogue shortcutters to reclaim.

Board Position

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    If I try to keep an optimistic view of this. Perhaps when we do get to reclaim the actual trails, the rogue shortcuts won't be so easy for the rogue shortcutters to reclaim.
    A few people have mentioned that and I largely agree. Once we start getting the trails back into riding condition they will be better than ever.

On a related note, the Moline Park Board is meeting this Thursday (see the FORC homepage for details) to discuss the findings from the Missman bridge inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    A few people have mentioned that and I largely agree. Once we start getting the trails back into riding condition they will be better than ever.

On a related note, the Moline Park Board is meeting this Thursday (see the FORC homepage for details) to discuss the findings from the Missman bridge inspection.
    I hope that goes well

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    Absolutely!!! And we can rework any areas we didn't like so well.

PLEASE try and attend the Park Board meeting on Thursday (3:30 PM) to show FORC's support and continued interest in the project. The Park Board meeting is at the Public Works Conference Room, 3635 4th Avenue, Moline, Illinois on THURSDAY, 08-22-13 at 3:30 PM. The bridge project is near the top of the agenda, so it will be a quick stop for anyone able to attend.
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    Absolutely!!! And we can rework any areas we didn't like so well.

PLEASE try and attend the Park Board meeting on Thursday (3:30 PM) to show FORC's support and continued interest in the project. The Park Board meeting is at the Public Works Conference Room, 3635 4th Avenue, Moline, Illinois on THURSDAY, 08-22-13 at 3:30 PM. The bridge project is near the top of the agenda, so it will be a quick stop for anyone able to attend.
    I will lead the discussion and make a presentation to the board. Please come down and be a part of the group. If you don't want to speak, you don't have to. Just being present is helpful. Thanks

Board Position

I will be there if you need some backup.