Thread: Fat Bike Stomp- Sunday 8/11 8am

Default Fat Bike Stomp- Sunday 8/11 8am

Thought we better post this in the appropriate forum....

Fat bike ride starting at 8am at the Freight House parking lot, plan is to head out and around Credit Island, possibly stopping for food along the way- we'll see how everyone is feeling. May have to stop at the place formerly known as the "Enchanted Inn", if we make it that far for lunch.

I would recommend old shoes as it is pretty muddy in spots still, and be prepared to get wet. After all, that's what stompin' is all about.

Fat bikes aren't required, but there will be no whining if your bike can't make it. Rules are rules.

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

oh....boy.

pants are unusually tight at this point in the day.........

stompin is BACK!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post
    oh....boy.

pants are unusually tight at this point in the day.........

stompin is BACK!

thats sooo wrong...but funny as hell
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

Just to add to Jake's comment. 2 weeks ago when we went down to the river, there were some spots that were pretty muddy and soft yet. Fatbike, although not giving a ****, was having a tough time getting through some of the stuff. If you are bringing a "skinny bike" I would prepare to walk is some thick mud and plan on being in the water quite a bit. Hopefully with the rest of the week looking dry and not too much rain since Jake and I last went down there it will have dried up quite a bit but I would prepare for the worst. Also, there seemed to be a TON more glass down there this year, so prepare for that as well.

Prime.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post

Prime.
    excellente
    Last edited by jimithng23; 08-09-2013 at 08:40 PM.

That GIF is outta control...cracks me up every time.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post

Prime.

If that offends anyone.....please remove.
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 08-09-2013 at 08:46 PM.

offended...by both...
    (you asked...!)

Ha ha

Fatbike is making wife & I ride to Dominga's, we'll be there @ 8 and find stompgroup after. I'll be dressed in my Sunday best.

Well that sure did suck.

Glad the river isn't low at all.

We can at least say we tried to have a good time - we may need more practice though
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Man, was that a good time or what? really glad to have the stompin' grounds back and as good as ever. Definitely got my fix yesterday.

Thanks to all who came out and had a great time! We'll be doing this again soon- it is possibly the most fun you'll ever have on a fat bike.

Thanks for the videos, Ben. That mud crossing was bad-ass! The peanut gallery was priceless.

Cheers to the Stomp!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

One more. Skip to the 3 minute mark and watch from there. Some top notch Shinanigineering that I was sure would be just what Ray needed to pop that collar bone back into place.