Thread: River Stomping

Default River Stomping

It appears as though we are very close to prime stomping conditions, which makes this guy very pleased.

Get your fat bikes all tuned up and ready to roll, by next week I hope to get a group ride together for those of you who are keen to stomping the river banks on fat bikes.

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

What does your Fat Biking diary say for the river level from the timeframe around last winter's Enchanted stompings?
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

QCEFBS river levels were at 5.7'. It was as low as ~4.5' last Fall/Winter. Latest prediction has it down ~5.3'.

It still has some definite drying out to do, but I don't see that being a problem in a few weeks. Westy and I went out yesterday and it was soft, but not real muddy. A lot of things are under 6"-1' of mud from last year. It has definitely changed the terrain in spots...but still good.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I rode to IC and back yesterday, I want to go stomp the sand pits on the Cedar River. That looked like it would be a blast. I'm in to stomp the good ol' stompin' grounds, though. I can't wait.

A few of us stomped the Cedar a couple times last Fall when it was ridiculously low, and had a blast. Plan on doing that again also if it is fairly low.

The Cedar River around CR isn't even close to where it was last year, but the creek bottoms are almost primo in and around CR. I did some sandbar hopping yesterday and it was a jolly good time.

Stomping on river banks is dumb. Nothing to see here. Sell your fatbike before it is completely worthless. Move along. This is not the singletrack you're looking for. Its just a fad and the fatbike sex appeal will be gone soon.
    Attachment 567

Quote Originally Posted by Guldy View Post
    Stomping on river banks is dumb. Nothing to see here. Sell your fatbike before it is completely worthless. Move along. This is not the singletrack you're looking for. Its just a fad and the fatbike sex appeal will be gone soon.
    Attachment 567
    Lies! It's all been a bunch of lies!!! The sorcery!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I'm already getting tired of riding my fatbike....on the pavement. ;)

I'm going to buy me one of those new fangled 27.5 moutain bikes....fatbikes are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Westy_3 View Post
    I'm going to buy me one of those new fangled 27.5 moutain bikes....fatbikes are stupid
    Buy mine.

Still planning on a sanctioned stomp this week?
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

I may be able to get out sooner, but Sunday morning is looking good to me. Hoping for dry weather up until then, the forecast for river levels and rain is looking good all week.

I'll post up before Friday if/when we will meet up. I think the Bud/Nate are going to be going on soon.

May have to hit Dominga's for breakfast.

Sunday morning stomp? Perfection.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Sunday Funday!!!!! In for breakfast if that is the plan.

Good to hear, get your fatties ready to roll on the river around the Island of Credit Sunday morning. Throw on your old stompin shoes and plan on meeting around 8:00 am at Freight House parking lot.

Cheers to fat bikin'!