Thread: Seeing More People and Encoring more to ride!

Post Seeing More People and Encoring more to ride!

Well For my Age group which is 19-24 Im usually one of the youngest people out of all my friends to actually ride trails.. I don't think my age group really thinks its worth going out to Scott or Sunderbruch just to ride a bike. I try to get people that I know that are athletic or there not to ride.
    I would say my success rate is maybe 1 out of 20 people I ask.. Thats not very good haha. I do have a group of friends I know that are in Hs to out of college but that is about 6 people total. I just think its a shame that not many people ride at all.. It gets you to be more independent and its a great work out and a thrill.

I did mange to see a 4 other people on the trials I was riding today! I ride almost everyday somewhere so Its nice seeing more people and more starters.

That's a tough age group to get into the sport. Most people 19-24 have many other things biding for their time and money. The main thing that comes to mind is chasing girls. We mountain bikers are a strange breed too. Most cyclists ride on paved trails or road. None of my old friends ride mtb.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I've talked to ppl of all ages and biggest theme I run across is everyone that rides does pavement and half those are casual that aren't pationate about it. More and more ppl are stuck on computers/video games and such so do their workout and that's it.

Think about it this way though, if everyone did it constant injuries and break downs on the trails and more problems from ppl that refuse to show simple respect. It's a sad fact and more the merrier for ppl to ride with but mtbing isn't for everyone. Im one that's glad I found the sport cause its just made my life better and happier, and met some awesome ppl.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I've rode since 06, I've only had 6 friends go with. 2 for two years and onee for a year, all 3 lost interest. Currently I have 2 others so into riding fhey have both upgraded to their second bike already and both in first year of riding. One actually bought abike I found for him on this forum.

I just wish my work schedule was better so someday I could put faces to these posts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    The main thing that comes to mind is chasing girls.
    Huh, I think I'm doing this backwards, I spend all my free time and extra money on my mountain bike and have no girl...na never mind I think I'm doing it the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Huh, I think I'm doing this backwards, I spend all my free time and extra money on my mountain bike and have no girl...na never mind I think I'm doing it the right way.
    They're both really expensive, but you may have it right...
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

I recently bought a "big" Bike (Redline 29er) but have only gotten to ride Illiniwek a few times do to the fact that I am a skier for the Backwater Gamblers ski show. I was huge into BMX and dirt jumping when I was younger and all riding stopped when I started HS football and then I began ski with BWG. In May we were flooded and I need to get out and do something so I got myself a new bike (first MTB). Once Skiing starts to slow down at the end of August I plan to be out and charging all the trails around here. I have been trying to put a bug in many of my friends ears I ski with to come ride with me after the season.
    So be on the look out for a green and black Redline, I look forward to meeting many of you and getting my riding legs back!

Quote Originally Posted by BraetRider View Post
    I recently bought a "big" Bike (Redline 29er) but have only gotten to ride Illiniwek a few times do to the fact that I am a skier for the Backwater Gamblers ski show. I was huge into BMX and dirt jumping when I was younger and all riding stopped when I started HS football and then I began ski with BWG. In May we were flooded and I need to get out and do something so I got myself a new bike (first MTB). Once Skiing starts to slow down at the end of August I plan to be out and charging all the trails around here. I have been trying to put a bug in many of my friends ears I ski with to come ride with me after the season.
    So be on the look out for a green and black Redline, I look forward to meeting many of you and getting my riding legs back!
    Awesome man! Just post up or show up to a ride sometime.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

BraetRider, you need to get Poulos on a bike!!

Awesome about the 29er! Watch for Vonda's group ride posts. Always a fun time!
    I wanna ride!

More and more younger people are buying mountain bikes from us, hopefully that translates to more riders on the trail, showing up to group rides, and helping build/maintain trail.