Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the party

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Default Welcome to the party

Well, Trek has joined the fat bike party. "Farley". Closed convert dropouts, tapered head tube, and internal routing. And green cranks...
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Trek bicycle today revealed a nimble, versatile fatbike dubbed the “Farley.” And this big boy brings Trek’s engineering and features to the fat bike movement. The aluminum frame fits a fatbike-standard 170mm-wide rear hub and can run up to a 4.0 width tire front and rear, providing fantastic traction across any terrain, and enough volume to handle everything from Saharan dunes to Wisconsin whiteouts. But this curvy cruiser is no slowpoke; thanks to intelligent engineering and sharp geometry the Farley has a flair for performance as well as adventure.

Once you get past those fat tires, the Farley boasts a Closed Convert dropout in the rear for proper handling. Pair that with an E2 tapered head tube and fork, and you’ve got one-sharp-handling, husky fella. The Farley is forward-thinking, too, with front and rear rack compatibility, fender mounts, internal cable routing, and stealth dropper post routing for when the trail gets really hairy.

“We’ve been seeing more and more consumers looking to ride different terrain in all seasons and the Farley is going to answer those needs,” said Trek Mountain Bike Product Manager John Riley.

The Farley will be available as a complete bike and a frameset early October. Pricing details will be released soon.”
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

I'm guessing at least $1700 or maybe more. Is there a decent fatbike avail for around $1000? No way in hell the wife will let me spnd more than that, I dropped a pretty penny on my Scott 29er and just bought her a car.
    Baller.....

On One makes a pretty sweet fatty at a good price.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Then there's this!

http://reviews.mtbr.com/just-in-spec...atboy-fat-bike

Healthy competition = cheaper fat bikes for all!

Quote Originally Posted by SpinStir View Post
    Then there's this!

http://reviews.mtbr.com/just-in-spec...atboy-fat-bike

Healthy competition = cheaper fat bikes for all!

Yea...an easy $2,000 for that badboy as well I bet.
    Baller.....

Fatties have gone maintstream, time for me to sell mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Fatties have gone maintstream, time for me to sell mine.
    Hipster. Time to get a fixie.

I like the look of the Specialized tires... that's about it. The Trek's green cranks are disgusting....

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post

I like the look of the Specialized tires... that's about it. The Trek's green cranks are disgusting....
    Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Been there, done that.
    Fine. Tall bike?

Steve and I were riding fixie before it was ruined by hipsters. You know, back when it was still cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well personally I'm happy to see more and more fattys coming out. More variety. Plus this allows me to buy a fatty on layaway cause my Trek shop is awesome like that. Not saying its the way ill go but its an option

Hmm dislike for the green cranks... Adds a point for reasons to buy this one

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

with Big S and Trek jumping on the bandwagon I don't see prices going anywhere but up.

I'm gonna put Trek's full fattie at $2400 and Big S at $2800. Time will tell.

Surly and Salsa will see lycra-clad dirt roadies snatching up $3k, $4k, $5k+ fatties like it's nuthin and they'll say "wow, we should increase our prices if those guys are getting that much for theirs!"

I'm all for progressing the sport and I think the fattie going mainstream will be a good thing overall, but I definitely don't expect to see prices drop.

...and I've heard Kenda is making S's rubber for them. So, possibly Kenda will have a tire offering down the line?
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Those are the Surly Bud and Lou with the labels blacked out.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23 View Post

I'm gonna put Trek's full fattie at $2400 and Big S at $2800. Time will tell.
    Fatboy

SRAM X7 carbon cage rear derailleur
    Custom Samox crankset/BB (36/22)
    Tektro Draco 2 hydraulic brakes
    Plain gauge spokes
    Brass nipples
    Metal cage pedals
    Weight: TBD
    Pricing: TBD (targeting sub-$2,000)

I'd guess the Special Ed around sub $2000. Reading helps. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    Those are the Surly Bud and Lou with the labels blacked out.
    Well.... there goes the redeeming factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    Well personally I'm happy to see more and more fattys coming out. More variety. Plus this allows me to buy a fatty on layaway cause my Trek shop is awesome like that. Not saying its the way ill go but its an option

Hmm dislike for the green cranks... Adds a point for reasons to buy this one

If they were glow-in-the-dark it'd be awesome.

Also, most bike shops will give you a layaway option, at least we do down here.

If they were glow-in-the-dark it'd be awesome.
    That would be genius since they are meant for winter and probably ridden a lot in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunchie View Post
    That would be genius since they are meant for winter and probably ridden a lot in the dark.
    I'm swapping my orange Oury grips to glow-in-the-day Oury grips. Now if only Surly made a glow-in-the-dark headbadge to match...

Norco has a new fattie now, too. Any guesses on the next to announce?

http://fat-bike.com/2013/07/this-is-...-new-fat-bike/

Kona, Specialized, Trek, Norco... Santa Cruz? Rocky Mountain? Giant?

Glow in the dark gives me ideas cause u can get all kinds of glow in the dark or stuff to make ur own.

I always thought layaway was a benefit of relationship with particular lbs cause they are being cool. Guess that applies to you guys too hehe. Dumb question but which one are u at cause ill have to venture over? Be good to have options.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

I'm Scott from B&B. we have layaway, financing, and payment plans available. As far as your weight, I wouldn't be too concerned. There are several options for you. We carry Trek primarily. Feel free to pull me aside sometime or call or stop out in Geneseo.
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    Glow in the dark gives me ideas cause u can get all kinds of glow in the dark or stuff to make ur own.

I always thought layaway was a benefit of relationship with particular lbs cause they are being cool. Guess that applies to you guys too hehe. Dumb question but which one are u at cause ill have to venture over? Be good to have options.

I'm Jeremiah, I work at Bike One in Moline. Most shops, if not all, have a FORC member discount of some sort or another, too.

Norco has a new fattie now, too. Any guesses on the next to announce?

http://fat-bike.com/2013/07/this-is-...-new-fat-bike/

Kona, Specialized, Trek, Norco... Santa Cruz? Rocky Mountain? Giant?
    Where was this filmed? Beautiful trail for sure!!!
    Baller.....

Shows how much I pay attention lol. I just either buy from lbs here or order online so i can come have fun, help out, and make new friends. But save a few bucks (make up for gas to drive 45mins ) always a good thing to help support shops down there too.