Thread: Long distance Road riders take a look inside, help the roadnoob!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've never done a ride of this length, but I would say you are taking way too much water/liquids. I've done 30 miles with one water bottle and that is plenty. I would suggest stopping and getting a refill at a checkpoint. 126oz of liquid is pretty heavy.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Well thats just it, there are no checkpoints/water stations, I'm solo for the first 40 miles. I'm a "bigger" guy so sweat/drink ALOT. Yesterday afternoon during my 40miles I drank at least 80oz of fluid and about 30% of the ride was in the shade and not during the heat of the day.
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"