Thread: Thinking of upgrading...

Default Thinking of upgrading...

Looking for some opinions, I am currently riding a Trek zx6500 that I have had since high school and I'm looking to upgrade in the next year or so, what should I look at? First off I'm a novice, I currently run shimano so that is what i'm used to, and I'm working on a budget. All suggestions are welcome.

Whats your price point? Max you can spend before your wife/GF hangs you by your manhood?
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

Can cheat the hanging like I did. My Trek 29er was the cheaper entry level but frame is same as race 29ers. Then just upgraded parts on frame peice by peice, not as economical but I have the exact bike I want and my wife has no idea the grand total into the bike.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

my $.02...ride some of the bikes from guys in the club, find your max budget, and get the bike that sings to you when you ride it. Don't worry about brand too much. there are a lot of good bikes out there. The better the bike you buy, the better off you'll be down the road.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Join us on 8/3 at Illiniwek for a demo ride. I must warn you that you will be spending money afterword though. Once you ride something new you won't go back. There is information in the lets ride section.

I was planning on checking out the demo ride. I got my wife a trek rumblefish, because she had a disc in her back go out about a year ago and I thought the dual shock would help. Might just steal that from her ;)