Thread: Race lap Changes

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Default Race lap Changes

After many hours of figuring out the race course and getting approximate times for laps, we’ve decided to drop a lap from Cat2(Sport), Comp, Cat1(Expert), and Open from what is listed on the flyer and website. Cat1(Expert) and Open women will also be doing one less lap than then men (3 laps). Eventhough we are dropping a lap, we will be adding in a couple more shorter loops into the course to make it more exciting. You won’t be disappointed!

This course is going to have a little of everything: climbing, wooden berms, sweet new 100+ ft ladder bridge, and some ripping fast singletrack! Below are the new laps for all the classes.

Novice All: 2 laps (short version of full course)
    Juniors All: 2 laps (short version of full course)
    Sport All: 2 laps
    Comp All: 3 laps
    Open Men: 4 laps
    Open Women: 3 laps
    Expert Men: 4 laps
    Expert Women: 3 laps

Short Course (Novice and Juniors): Start will go up pavement into Comlara, 2nd lap will go up Kickapoo up. From there, it’ll be Comlara, Farmdale, Jubilee, Rock Cut, Farmdale, Kickapoo Down.

Full Course (All other classes): Start will go up pavement into Comlara, all other laps will go up Kickapoo up. From there, it’ll be Comlara, LT, Farmdale, Jubilee, Sugar Bottom, Rock Cut, Kettle Moraine, Farmdale, Kickapoo Down.

Map of Sunderbruch
    http://www.qcforc.org/maps/sbpmap.pdf

See you tomorrow!
    2012 World DodgeTyre Champion

without kettle and sugar bottom how is the novice loop 4 miles long?
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

Quote Originally Posted by Armyballer View Post
    without kettle and sugar bottom how is the novice loop 4 miles long?
    I'm wasn't sure about the math either, but I road the novice course today as laid out and my odo said it was 7.9 miles. I think going down and up the Kickapoos adds a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoffmanz View Post
    I'm wasn't sure about the math either, but I road the novice course today as laid out and my odo said it was 7.9 miles. I think going down and up the Kickapoos adds a fair bit.
    Also factor in riding through the start/finish, it should be right at 8 miles.

I kinda pouted a little when i saw sugar wasn't in the novice, that little loop was a blast to me, hehe.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2