Thread: Levis Mounds in Neillsville, WI?

Default Levis Mounds in Neillsville, WI?

I have next week off so figured I would post this up to see if there would be any interest sparked. Maybe 2-3 day trip depending and probably over one of the weekends since I'm sure many will be traveling around the 4th. Anyway, does anyone know anything about Levis Mounds in Neillsville, Wisconsin. I picked it because it's rated #1 in WI and #5 in the U.S. list. I live in Geneseo and it's showing about a 5 hour drive. Looks like a couple hotels (Motel 8) in the area or could even tent it. Just figured I would post out to see where it leads.

http://www.singletracks.com/bike-tra...is-mounds.html

Its amazing and you can camp right at the trail head. Its like $13 a night for tent camping and 5 or 10 a day to ride. Well worth it.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

My first trip there was 4 weeks ago. It is outstanding! As Mielke told us "Don't think about it, go do it!" Enjoy the exposure!

Interested!

Levis rocks! Being able to camp at the trail head makes it SO fun! There are shower facilities roughly 4 miles away -- the showers are coin-operated, so make sure you have a few quarters. Cliff hanger, Sidewinder, etc. AWESOME!
    I wanna ride!