Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FORC Sde Thrill Ride 2013 - Call for Volunteers

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Default FORC Sde Thrill Ride 2013 - Call for Volunteers

The Thrill Ride is just three weeks away! Lets start organizing our volunteer efforts for the day. Post up if you are available to help out or are planning on leading one of the sub-efforts (Registration, Course Marshals, Course Setup/Teardown, etc) so people know who to get in touch with.

I'm sorry, I won't be in town that weekend. :-(
    I wanna ride!

I'll be racing novice first thing then I'm free where ever you need me, just tell me where.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

I can course marshal all day after the novice race.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Ditto, avail to help till Cat3 racetime and then avail after all day.

After Party?
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

I can help. I have no experience.

Im up for the task. might be racing if my bike gets fixed, but other than that Im free all day.

I'll be available for the Cat 3 race and earlier (including Friday night). Will be racing Cat 2.

I'm available, but I have no prior experience.

Want a great spot to watch the FORC Side Thrill Ride? Sign up now to be a Course Marshal for the race! You will get a track side seat for all the excitement, dirt, sweat, flying bike parts, and a stylin walkie talkie! But wait, there’s more! In addition you will get the undying gratitude of FORC and about a thousand “hey thanks for doing this” from the participants.
    No experience is required. Course Marshalls monitor a section of the race course. They encourage the racers, watch for cheating (never happens) and report injuries or mechanical problems. It's really easy and kind of fun!
    We will need about 10-12 more people as marshals so please post up and reserve your spot. No need to sign up again if you alraedy posted. Let us know if you are racing and which race, so we don't schedule you to do both. You can help with 1, 2 or all the races… and unlike mustaches, boom boxes are encouraged.

If watching the wheels go round n' round aint your thing. Volunteers are needed for Registration, Merchandise and Set Up/Clean Up. Please post up and give a little time so everybody can enjoy the day without working too hard.

Calling all Patrollers! The Forc Side Thrill Ride needs your help. Let's get out the band-aids, coban and get ready to rumble. Let me know if you are available and willing to help. FORC puts on a great race, a great party and remember, 'It's OK we're MTB patrol'.

Also Patrollers from all the area clubs. The Macomb Area MTBers have their race on Sunday 7/7/13, the Spring Lake Singletrack Classic, and are in need of a few MTB Patrollers to keep everyone safe. If you are available and want to help out this great club, contact Andy at the club website www.MACmtbc.org.
    db

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    'It's OK we're MTB patrol'.
    I'm in. Stay safe kids, but if you don't come find me...

I will help course marshal after I race novice.

JB + 1, we will be able to help out hrough the sport race.
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

I'll course Marshall for novice.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Calling all REGISTRATION Volunteers! I know you have just been dying to be asked! Be the first to greet our racers and get their day started right! I'll need you for a 2 to 4 hour shift. Thank you!

I can do registration, and/or clean-up

Also volunteering to watch any and all beer coolers, I'm certified in that department.
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

I'm open to help with registration anytime.
    Becky
    AKA.. SASS

Dave - Amber & I are out of town 9th thru 14th. If it gets rained out or trail conditions postpones it until the 21st we can help out then.
    Guldy

I can help with registration, etc.

Bringing this back up . We still could use some help. Post here and/or show up at the first aid tent for duty. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post

Want a great spot to watch the Thrill Ride? Sign up now to be a Course Marshal for FSTR2013! You will get a track side seat for all the excitement, dirt, sweat, flying bike parts, and a stylin walkie talkie! But wait, there’s more! In addition you will get the undying gratitude of FORC and about a thousand “hey thanks for doing this” from the participants.
    Course Marshalls monitor a section of the race course. They encourage the racers, watch for cheating (never happens) and report injuries or mechanical problems. It's really easy and kind of fun!
    We will need about 10-12 more people as marshals so please post up and reserve your spot. No need to sign up again if you did it at the meeting. Let us know if you are racing and which race, so we don't schedule you to do both. You can help with 1, 2 or all the races… and unlike mustaches, boom boxes are encouraged.

If watching the wheels go round n' round aint your thing. Volunteers are needed for Registration, Merchandise and Set Up/Clean Up. Please post up and give a little time so everybody can enjoy the day without working too hard.

Board Position
    Vice President

ill be there for marshall any race needed

I can marshall the expert race and help with tear down
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

I'm at your beck and call, Mr. Brown. I'll be racing sport.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes