Thread: Trail Work on Kickapoo Up & Down

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sounds like if anyone has some time they want to head up and get some weed whacking done, Jubilee, Sugar Bottom and Blue Mound need cleaned up. There are also face slappers and arm grabbers on the main Farmdale loop that could use some attention. Also a couple trees down before the Sugar entrance and Kickapoo down drop area.

I plan on working out there tomorrow most of the day, but more on the Kickapoo Up area. I think we'll have enough manpower there for that project, but come on out and help with the other maintenance issues and the park will be in great shape to ride Friday afternoon.

Thanks to everyone that has helped so far, and plans on helping in the next couple days. Once we get these few things done that have been slowing the opening of the whole trail system, we can stay on top of it through the race and rest of the riding season.

Let us know here if you need any help finding the areas that need work or any other questions about trail maintenance.

Thanks!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    Also a couple trees down before the Sugar entrance and Kickapoo down drop area.
    Big tree down on Farmdale before Sugar Bottom isn't on the trail and won't affect us.

The tree on Kickapoo Down definitely needs to go - sounds like it's gonna get cut out later this afternoon.

Look for the trails to be open tomorrow!!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."