Thread: Trail Work on Kickapoo Up & Down

Default Trail Work on Kickapoo Up & Down

Kickapoo Up is going under the knife. The trail as you know it will no longer exist.

All we ask for is a bit of time (and we may need some funds, which shouldn't be too big of a deal) to finish before you ride the trail.

The trails are still currently closed but I figured it would be good to post up and let you all know in case you're out there and wondering what the heck is going on.

Kickapoo Down will be going through some renovations as well... It's been a tough year so far for the SBP TCC - tons of maintenance and damage repair, not a lot of building new and cool stuff. We decided to do what we're doing on the Kick's because we love riding the trails and didn't want to close them down permanently - so we came to the conclusion it was either repair and build with man made materials or close the trails off forever.

Pretty sure, since we all love to ride bikes on trails, you all prefer the former.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

When is the next trail work day?

Quote Originally Posted by Armyballer View Post
    When is the next trail work day?
    Nothing officially scheduled yet. I'll make sure to announce with enough time for you to make plans to be there.

Do you have to be a member to help with trial work?. Im just wondering because I need some community service hours and I thought might as well help something I like to do.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

You do have to be a member for a variety of insurance reasons. Becoming a member is easy. Print off the form you will find under the tab "About FORC" Fill it out,sign it, and bring it to a trail day with $20.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by TronUserRider View Post
    Do you have to be a member to help with trial work?. Im just wondering because I need some community service hours and I thought might as well help something I like to do.
    I plan on bringing beer if that's an incentive. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Armyballer View Post
    I plan on bringing beer if that's an incentive. :-)
    Always beer for trail day.

ALWAYS beer.

So is it a non profit group?

yup

Default I got your back

I will like to help Sunderbruch get up and running make sure to post that trail day.

Quote Originally Posted by DaCricksta View Post
    I will like to help Sunderbruch get up and running make sure to post that trail day.
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

Sounds like if anyone has some time they want to head up and get some weed whacking done, Jubilee, Sugar Bottom and Blue Mound need cleaned up. There are also face slappers and arm grabbers on the main Farmdale loop that could use some attention. Also a couple trees down before the Sugar entrance and Kickapoo down drop area.

I plan on working out there tomorrow most of the day, but more on the Kickapoo Up area. I think we'll have enough manpower there for that project, but come on out and help with the other maintenance issues and the park will be in great shape to ride Friday afternoon.

Thanks to everyone that has helped so far, and plans on helping in the next couple days. Once we get these few things done that have been slowing the opening of the whole trail system, we can stay on top of it through the race and rest of the riding season.

Let us know here if you need any help finding the areas that need work or any other questions about trail maintenance.

Thanks!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    Also a couple trees down before the Sugar entrance and Kickapoo down drop area.
    Big tree down on Farmdale before Sugar Bottom isn't on the trail and won't affect us.

The tree on Kickapoo Down definitely needs to go - sounds like it's gonna get cut out later this afternoon.

Look for the trails to be open tomorrow!!

I forgot about the work you guys were doing to it and I went down to the point where yall were working. Sorry I totally forgot :/

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

We met a couple riders going down Kickapoo up today. We are planning on making some improvements to the signage up top to direct riders to the correct trail...Kickapoo down, which is amazing!

What bike were you riding? You should of said you were TronUserRider...and chatted for a bit! Next time make sure you do!

Kings
    2012 World DodgeTyre Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kings View Post
    We met a couple riders going down Kickapoo up today. We are planning on making some improvements to the signage up top to direct riders to the correct trail...Kickapoo down, which is amazing!

What bike were you riding? You should of said you were TronUserRider...and chatted for a bit! Next time make sure you do!

Kings
    I was on the Trek Fuel It's Blue and black. Im really tall so im pretty noticeable