Yes. They are interested in as many funding sources as are out there and are actively exploring. If we have grant-writing expertise amongst our membership, please see if you can find alternative funding avenues. No plans for pinning down construction details as that would come in the form of an RFP, and that won't issue until funding has een established. No discussion about collapse. It wasn't broached at the official meeting, but I did raise that question to one of the ardently supportive aldermen after last night's meeting. No answer. He wants to see the island open much sooner than 2016 as do we all. Here is an article after last night's meeting: http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco....php?id=652130.

Hey, I noticed a comment on our Facebook thread asking if we plan to maintain the island some while the bridge remains closed. My sense is "not really" but I didn't want to reply until I spoke with Russ and others. I don't see the value / cost balance at this point but that is just me. Seems spending our effort elsewhere has more merit.