Thread: Omg rode a fatty today!!!

Default Omg rode a fatty today!!!

It wasn't a surly or one you'd expect, was the new origin 8 fat bike with cvd rear hub. Lbs up here has one I saw when i went to grab a cable.

But Omg must get fat bike, MUST GET A FAT BIKE!

The weird rear hub is pretty cool, indicator for the shifter is weird but really sweet idea. Not saying that's the fat bike ill get, but after riding one that wasn't even the right size for me, I'm already hooked. I so was glad I didn't have enough money in my account to buy one cause I would have today and been beging my wife not to kick me out lol. Time to start saving pennies and being a cheap ass hehe cause baby on the way not going to make it easy to save up, but Damn it I'm going to. But not going to replace my 29er so means full on buying new bike.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Mine is technically too big for me. That's okay, it's comfy. I haven't seen the Origin8 one in person. Was it the Nuvinci hub? They're pretty sweet.
    Last edited by jJohnson; 06-07-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Ya that was the name of the hub. It is really slick. The shift indicator is a orange stick figure on a bike with what is made to look like he's riding on a path. You downshift for a climb and the "path" arches into a hill and the stick guy looks like he's riding up it. The lower the gear the higher the grade of the arch is. It's cool as ****. Be very tempting after its been out long enough for me to know the hub would hold up to me.

The hub would hold up to you, they're high quality. They're also pretty damn expensive.

NuVinci hubs are cheap, but don't have much of a range compared to other internal hubs (or drivetrains in general). If you want an expensive internal hub, look up the Rolhoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    NuVinci hubs are cheap, but don't have much of a range compared to other internal hubs (or drivetrains in general). If you want an expensive internal hub, look up the Rolhoff.
    *@*(##@)! I'm a terrible salesman... was thinking of the Rohloff.

Lol I just thought the setup was cool never ridden that kinda stuff before. I do much prefer my slx 10s set up though cause its trigger. Not a big twist shift person.

It's all over for you now. Drink the coolaid and grow a beard!

It was all over for me after I rode Jake Ralf's fatty last fall at Great River Brewing. 1 minute was all it took. I haven't ridden my 29er in months.
    Lance Lau

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantic View Post
    It was all over for me after I rode Jake Ralf's fatty last fall at Great River Brewing. 1 minute was all it took.

Quote Originally Posted by iCRUNCH View Post
    That's 30 seconds longer than I lasted.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

It was all over for me after I rode Jake Ralf's fatty last fall at Great River Brewing. 1 minute was all it took. I haven't ridden my 29er in months.
    That bike's convinced a lot of people to get a fattie, including myself.

Already have a beard, all I need to do is try a fatty.

Well I'm screwed....I'm in the military so a beard is out of the question. Last night I asked my wife if I could have a fatty and she hung up on me....hmmm....maybe I should rethink my approach. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Armyballer View Post
    Well I'm screwed....I'm in the military so a beard is out of the question. Last night I asked my wife if I could have a fatty and she hung up on me....hmmm....maybe I should rethink my approach. :P
    Don't ask your wife if you can have a fattie... she probably thought you wanted another woman larger than her (to each their own). Don't ask your wife, just buy one - it's better than another woman, anyways.

Wow, I thought I gave bad advice
    Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    Don't ask your wife if you can have a fattie... she probably thought you wanted another woman larger than her (to each their own). Don't ask your wife, just buy one - it's better than another woman, anyways.
    As a member of our fine Armed Services, I'm sure you're aware its sometimes better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

That origin 8 with the Nuvinci is only $1500, too! I think its a medium, aluminum frame with the hubs laced centered. I was pretty impressed when we saw it the 1st time too. Halls bike shop -I think?

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.