Thread: Seven Oaks 3,6,9 MTB party...wanna go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well.....I survived. I decided to do the 6 hour and I'm glad I did because by 4pm the trail was a complete mess.

Lap 1 was greasy but ride-able. I completed it somewhere around 50 mins.

(Rain starts)

Lap 2 was tricky, this trail system is amazing when dry with the multiple up and downs, it's almost impossible to not walk some when dry so my 2nd lap was a bit slower at about 70mins. I then took a 15 minute break to refill on water and carbs. At that I had decided I could get at least 1 more, maybe 2 more laps in.

Lap 3 was a disaster. It became more about surviving then riding. By now the rain was a down pour. After a mile or so it was apparent that this lap was gonna suck. I was able to ride maybe 50% of the trail, the uphills were impossible and the downhills were to slick to even attempt. I ended up finishing lap 2 in about 100 minutes.

I was one of the last to complete at lap at around 6pm, as I crossed the line I was immediately handed a hotdog and some home brew.

We all huddled up under a few tents telling story's on the trail, drinking FREE home brewed beer and trying to stay warm. All and all a great event. My bike is a complete mess and I'm wore out but I'll be going back next year, I just hope it don't rain on race day.
    Last edited by Armyballer; 06-09-2013 at 01:58 PM.