Thread: June 2013 Meeting Agenda-ish

Default June 2013 Meeting Agenda-ish

We decided at last month's meeting that we would have this month's meeting at Sunderbruch. Unfortunately the awesome weather, and by awesome I mean the ridiculous amount of rain we've received over the last couple weeks, have left the trails in a bit of a mess.

Nevertheless, the meeting shall go on. We are going to go ahead and have the meeting at the park, with a bit of a twist! Let's get the trails ready for the race! The trails are in need of a bit of weed whacking and some tree cutting. We'll have a short meeting to get take in the details of the race, approve the expenditures, etc, grab a weed-eater and go. We'll work for an hour or so and head back to the pavilion for a fire, cookout, and maybe a beer or something of that sort. You know, if you're into that kind of thing.

If you can't or don't want to go out with a weedeater or saw, no worries, come out anyway! The weather is perfect for a couple beers and a fire at the pavilion!

The FORC tools will be on hand, but the more the merrier.

When: 6:30pm - TOMORROW, Monday June 3rd
    Where: Sunderbruch Park, Davenport

Fun will be had.

As usual...I'll have beer :)

I don't have tools but more than happy to put time in working on the trails! I have Dibs on a weed whacker, I actually enjoy weedeating. Don't ask, great stress relief hehe and I don't own a gas powered one
    Also, ill grab a case of pbr to bring with, which up to you all to help me drink ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I will be bringing the two club string trimmers we have and some dirt tools. Anyone bringing any two cycle gas? I'm about out.

I can if no one else does. Have a full gas can already and i can grab 2cyc oil.

We did a little trailwork/ cleanup yesterday and the trails needed it. I really think one big group effort tonight could get them in prime shape for riding this week. The weeds are getting bad and I wouldn't even want to ride them with all the overgrown multiflora rose and itch weeds hanging out over the trail. We put a big dent in tree cleanup since the storm and I'm sure there are still some to get. If we get all the trails cut back this sunny weather we are going to have this week will be able to get through to the trail bed and dry them up faster... which means the sooner we ride trail!

Bring your long pants, gloves and tools and get that park looking good, race is coming up fast!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

I will be there with a set of loppers. Do we need to bring anything for the cookout? I'm assuming I should bring something to grill, anything else?

Yes, everyone should bring whatever they wish the throw on the grill.

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

I will be able to bring 2 maybe 3 string trimmers.

I'll have the IA trimmers (2), 2 cans of pre-mixed fuel, and plenty of string refills.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I will have my trimmer again and I still have the .080 string that I borrowed from you, jimi, so I will bring that along as well.

Oh.....I almost forgot.....I will be bringing my portable grill for the cookout.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

I'm in with a trimmer and fuel
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Going to be fashionably late got hung up at work.

I wasn't expecting many to show tonight considering Illiniwek was open, and we were planning to weedwack, but I WAS WRONG! Great turnout, thanks everyone who came out and helped to get the majority of the trails whipped back into shape. Meeting, beers, trail work, more beers and a little grilling make for a great night.

Good stuff for sure. Quote of the night: "You've got a key!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Vittetoe761 View Post
    Good stuff for sure. Quote of the night: "You've got a key!?"
    LOL!! That was a great time last night and we all got a lot accomplished!!
    Becky
    AKA.. SASS

I had a blast, I got to play with a chain-saw and man the grill, 2 of my favorite past times.