Thread: Sunderbruch Race info?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Yes, you need a USAC license to race. One day licenses are available, if you need them, when you register.

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    Yes, you need a USAC license to race. One day licenses are available, if you need them, when you register.
    Since when? As far as I know, you don't need one unless you're racing expert. I was assessed a $5 non-USAC license fee while registering for Matthiessen, but was not for Black Partridge or Sylvan.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    Since when? As far as I know, you don't need one unless you're racing expert. I was assessed a $5 non-USAC license fee while registering for Matthiessen, but was not for Black Partridge or Sylvan.
    It has been that way at least since I started racing in 2007. Cat. 1 and those wanting to participate in a championship event are required to have an annual license. The one day license is the vehicle used to provide insurance coverage to racers not affiliated with USAC and is required for participation in USAC events. Even if you didn't explicitly pay for the one day license, it was probably included in your entry fee.

http://www.usacycling.org/buy-a-license.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    It has been that way at least since I started racing in 2007. Cat. 1 and those wanting to participate in a championship event are required to have an annual license. The one day license is the vehicle used to provide insurance coverage to racers not affiliated with USAC and is required for participation in USAC events. Even if you didn't explicitly pay for the one day license, it was probably included in your entry fee.

http://www.usacycling.org/buy-a-license.htm
    Hm... gotcha. Guess I never thought that it could be built into the entry fee.