Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunderbruch Race info?

Default Sunderbruch Race info?

I know its over a month out yet but wondering if courses for the classes are decided. Reason I ask is I'm actually planning on entering novice class. Yes my big butt is going to enter a race, not to win or expect to place, but to see if I can finish the course and just for the fun. So I want to see what I'm up against so i can get out there at least a couple times to practice.

Thnx.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tigris99 View Post
    I know its over a month out yet but wondering if courses for the classes are decided. Reason I ask is I'm actually planning on entering novice class. Yes my big butt is going to enter a race, not to win or expect to place, but to see if I can finish the course and just for the fun. So I want to see what I'm up against so i can get out there at least a couple times to practice.

Thnx.

This x2.

Thnx.

Novice won't go through any black diamond trails. I think sport and expert are heading down LT.

So are we talking green with all the blues added then? Then 1 or 2 laps? Sorry for the questions but never raced and want to train all I can to ensure I'm ready and able to finish. I plan on riding out there every chance I get just for that reason lol.

So are we talking green with all the blues added then? Then 1 or 2 laps? Sorry for the questions but never raced and want to train all I can to ensure I'm ready and able to finish. I plan on riding out there every chance I get just for that reason lol.

I don't know what the course is exactly, but I've heard 1 lap for Novice, 2 for Sport, and 3 for Expert. I think all green and blue trails for novice. Just get out and ride and you'll be fine.

Course and mileage will be inline with the IHS and USAC series. Outside of that, the final courses are usually "planned" and then finalized based on conditions on race day. A safe bet that novice won't do many black trails, and all other classes will do everything.

Crap don't I need that usac license thing or whatever to race?

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Yes, you need a USAC license to race. One day licenses are available, if you need them, when you register.

Ok cool. Guessing available on at early registration on the site cause I'm going to register as soon as its open so they can't screw me into working that day lol. How much is the day pass?

1 day licenses are $10

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Race details and registration will be available this week sometime!
    2012 World DodgeTyre Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    Yes, you need a USAC license to race. One day licenses are available, if you need them, when you register.
    Since when? As far as I know, you don't need one unless you're racing expert. I was assessed a $5 non-USAC license fee while registering for Matthiessen, but was not for Black Partridge or Sylvan.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Quote Originally Posted by jJohnson View Post
    Since when? As far as I know, you don't need one unless you're racing expert. I was assessed a $5 non-USAC license fee while registering for Matthiessen, but was not for Black Partridge or Sylvan.
    It has been that way at least since I started racing in 2007. Cat. 1 and those wanting to participate in a championship event are required to have an annual license. The one day license is the vehicle used to provide insurance coverage to racers not affiliated with USAC and is required for participation in USAC events. Even if you didn't explicitly pay for the one day license, it was probably included in your entry fee.

http://www.usacycling.org/buy-a-license.htm

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    It has been that way at least since I started racing in 2007. Cat. 1 and those wanting to participate in a championship event are required to have an annual license. The one day license is the vehicle used to provide insurance coverage to racers not affiliated with USAC and is required for participation in USAC events. Even if you didn't explicitly pay for the one day license, it was probably included in your entry fee.

http://www.usacycling.org/buy-a-license.htm
    Hm... gotcha. Guess I never thought that it could be built into the entry fee.

Race course : are we still thinking the 13.5 miles for Sport will be accurate? I've been riding everything but Blue Mound, but that would be too many miles with 3 laps. Just trying to figure out what else will be cut from the race.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Don't ride palos either

Any idea of when the course will be marked for pre-riding? I am coming into town tomorrow and wanted to check it out before Sunday. I'll be racing Cat. 3 if anyone knows what trails will be in use for that race. Thanks!

Course prep will start around 3, with the actual course being taped off somewhere around/after that.

Pretty sure cat 3 isn't racing any of the black trails (LT, Watermelon Pass, Palos, & Blue Mound) but the rest of them will probably be in the loop...

Pro Tip: Just ride them all!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Ya i was told cat3/novice was all green and blue no black.

Once you go black....... you'll never go back!

I thought it was:

"once u go black u want your dignity back"

Sorry I watch too much Foamy the squirrel lol, couldn't resist.

On another note I apologize ahead of time for my wife, Lmao apparently due to last weekend her getting mad I took too long riding at sunder I said some about her lack of support, so seems she's making poster boards.

I love my wife but can't help but Lmao at this, teach le to ? Her support of me riding and doing a race ever again.

Pressure's on Tigris. You can't DNF when wifey is at the finish line holding a sign of support! Signs and avid fans are very welcome.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Dnf not in my vocabulary. Body and bike can ride it and i went as far as to buy a a co2 inflater with 2 16oz cartridges, and scab patches. Plus the CB M19 multitool (bought that after SIS cause borrowed rays and it had thing no one else had) . plus spare kmc link for my chain. Unless something snaps in half on my bike or body dnf ain't happening

Tigris, you are the Boy Scout Motto personified. I can't wait to see your smiling face at the end of this race!
    Dirt Don't Hurt