Thread: Cable Stop Inserts Needed

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

Default Cable Stop Inserts Needed

I have a salsa frame that has guides on the top tube for hydraulic hose. I am running cable actuated brakes. I believe there are inserts available from Salsa to make them smaller. Anyone happen to have two of them around their shop I could pick up?
    I have three warm Summer Shandys in my car I will trade for them!
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

They're universal, I have them on my Voodoo. We should have some laying around the shop. I will look in the morning.

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

No one has these in their basement? I really want to put my bike back together! I should have thought this through before cutting the housing that was in place(and yes working) but it was rubbing on the paint.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

if all you are looking for is ferrules at the cable stops, then a bike shop will likely sell you a handful for a few bucks...Bike One hooked me up with a shifter cable, housing, and a handful of ferrules for not much more or less than a regular run-of-the-mill yellow beer 6-pack.

check with your favorite LBS. ;-)
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I have checked with all of them, even ones that are not my favorite! It is a special piece that turns the hydraulic hose guide into a cable stop. It makes it smaller and creates a stop for the ferrules you mention above to have something to pull against.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by ew_perry View Post
    I have checked with all of them, even ones that are not my favorite! It is a special piece that turns the hydraulic hose guide into a cable stop. It makes it smaller and creates a stop for the ferrules you mention above to have something to pull against.
    ah...I misunderstood what you were after!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."