Thread: Garage D.O.G.G.

1. Default Garage D.O.G.G.

My company donated the Garage D.O.G.G. cleaner and I need your help. I'm trying to diversify and come out with bike care products. They feel that cyclists are not a big market and I want to prove them wrong. I would appreciate it if you used the product that you post what you thought about it. What you liked. What you disliked and what you would change. Also, it would help tremendously if you call our customer hot line at (800) 367-3245 let them know you used it on your bike and want to know where you can purchase it. Our company is really into customer satisfaction and listens to your opinions. Right now no one sells it so you might get a can for free.

We used it to clean our King hubs and it worked great!

Please help!
    Anne from Chicago
    Last edited by Pink Princess; 04-27-2009 at 12:11 PM.

I haven't used it it, but definitely plan to do so. Looks like a great thing to have during away trips as well, being able to easily clean the bike would be cool. Will let you know what I think...

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

3. Default

Thanks Rage! I hope you had good weather for your wedding. Congrats!

Ok Anne, finally getting around to the "review"...

This stuff works great on parts that get all ganked up over time that you can't get at very well to clean - cassettes, inner chainrings, front derailleur, rear derailluer jockey cogs, hubs... that kind of stuff. I have a SRAM 990 cassette with a cool red spider, that hasn't been visibly red for awhile. After using the D.O.G.G., it's shiny new! I didn't exactly follow directions (go figure) as I hosed it off after letting it set for a couple of minutes.

Good stuff, I'll keep using it and will call the number like you suggested. Thanks for the donation!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

Anne, First of all thanks for donating the garage D.O.G.G. to the SIS. I've tried both the cleaner and the shield and have to say, the cleaner does alright but I love the shield. After applying it and letting it dry, clean up is a whole lot easier and it gives the bike finish a shine. I would definetly use it on all my bike plus alot of other things. I will we sure to call and let whoever know.

Thanks again FM

P.S. Thanks again to you and Roger for all you enthusiasm and music on the back half of the race course. It made a bad situation a whole lot more tolerable.
    Last edited by forcmeister; 05-25-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Garage Dogg is some good stuff- I 1st used it to clean up my parents bikes. After scrubbing down the tires and getting the rubber residue gunk off of the rim brake surfaces with it, there was no further need of any other cleaner to remove any garage dogg residue- the rim brakes were clean and quiet and grippy!! I use it on Poofy's rim brakes, too!!

I haven't tried it with disk brakes- if someone accidently sprays their rotors and it doesn't cause a problem DEFINATELY let us know!!

Also- since its a foaming spray I didn't have to use near as much as I usually do when I fill up the chambers on my chain cleaner- and it worked really well.

A shot of this stuff on the cogs and rings- stiff bristle brush- rinse- DONE!!
    This is a good product!!

Anne, you guys are the GREATEST!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

WARNING- if using a brush on brake surfaces- make sure it's a clean brush!!

Also- getting ready for this weekend last night and I'm out of carpet cleaner. Putting mountain bikes in the carpeted van without a rug- DUH!

Anywhats- I grab the DOGG and foam up the spilled coffee, spilled oil and mud stains. Add a little water, scrub with a brush, vaccum while wet at the car wash dealio. Not only are the carpets clean, they van doesn't smell like turd anymore!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Does anyone know where we can get this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Princess View Post
    Also, it would help tremendously if you call our customer hot line at (800) 367-3245 let them know you used it on your bike and want to know where you can purchase it.
    Give a Holla!

Rg.
    Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Give a Holla!

Rg.
    That would require me to actually talk to someone!

I checked their website and it says Amazon, but didn't find it on Amazon's website. I did send them an email.

11. Default

Come to the Matthiessen race; Garage D.O.G.G. has stepped up again to provided everyone with a can.
    http://bikeiv.org/14601.html

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSVT99 View Post
    Does anyone know where we can get this stuff?
    Please e-mail me at atunney@goldeagle.com and I will get you some. We are just getting into the bike industry and are working hard to get it into your local bike shop.

Thanks
    Annie

I am going to e-mail ya Pink my rig has got 2k miles of grime on it from this summer and it is parked for the next couple of months for a good tune up :)
    Attached Images Attached Images