Thread: Trail Day May 11. @ Westbrook Park Dewitt, IA

Board Position
    President

Default Trail Day May 11. @ Westbrook Park Dewitt, IA

Trail Day May 11. @ Westbrook Park Dewitt, IA
    This Saturday will be our first trail day at FORC's new venture with the City of Dewitt, Westbrook Park. This is a brand new system with all new trails. Come on out and see this new park and leaned a hand. Normal trail work tools will be needed, hoes, flat shovels, loopers, ext... I so recommend long pants and leather gloves.

Time: 9:00am
    Directions: 61 North to Highway 30 exit 311B. A the bottom of the ramp take a right. Drive to Westbrook Dr. It will be on your right. Drive all the way to the back and you will find us.

It is about 20 miles from my house.

Looking forward to getting this started! Hope to see a good turn out.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Board Position
    President

Thank you to every one who came out yesterday. We had a great turn out and laid in the first single track for his new system. Watch this forum for more trail days soon.

Any pictures of the new trail?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Any more trail days planned? This is relatively close to home, and I would love to get out and help. I can't do Sundays, but I'm open any other day.

+1 on that I'm free next Saturday morning for once.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Best thing to do is to get a group of people from the local area together pick a trail steward(needs to be a club member as do all trail workers) and have at it. It's hard for members that are trying to keep other parks going to find time to work on another park. All of the other park are pretty much being built and maintained by members that live close to that park and if Westbrook is ever going to have a real trail system that's the way it has to be there too. Best thing to do is go out and get an IMBA trail builders guide, read it and build by it.

JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

I'm all for that if i knew the plan and how too I'd have been out there plenty ;p. I'll find that guide and read up but Ag and others already have a plan laid out so want to at least get with them and the dewitt guys so we all know exactly how its to be done and well get to her.

Board Position
    President

There is a trail Stewart already. Names Dave Deke. They have been relaying on other trail builders to show them the ropes. The crews has been busy keeping up with maintance at other parks. We do have quit a bit already flagged out and as soon as we can, we will get back to Westbrook. It could very well be after the Thill ride.

Oops lol should have clarified, not the steward part but the building part hehe.