Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copper Habor, MI 2013

just realized the leavin-on-thursday peeps have left.

have fun, you sill SOB's and yes...I'm highly, ridiculously, amazingly, and utterly jealous.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Well, that sure didn't suck. Only regret for me is not being able to continue on to Marquette with the other cats! Thanks again for the good times fellas. Keep up the good work herding the cats AG!

Default You Forcers know how to road trip.

Thanks for the good times in Copper Harbor!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

Copper Habor - the way life should be !
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Board Position
    President

Great week/weekend every one! Dave, Carol, Mandy, Clunker, Richard, Jennie, Paul, CG, Sixers, Vonda, Squirrel, Ann, Kings, Stuby, Chris, Tim, Drew, Sarge, Aaron, Gus, Russ, think I'm missing someone? I love setting the trip up and bringing new faces. After 4 years there're getting to know the the Iowa crew. Especially this year. Richard, Jennie, and Squirrel brought home wood! Nice to hear Davenport and Dubuque Iowa announced over the loud speakers! A lot of new stuff up there this year and also a lot of improvements on existing stuff. Yes I will be going back next year.

Rick said it best. "Copper Harbor-the way life should be!"

See you next year Copper Harbor...
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

Heck yeah. I was about as excited riding those trails as i was losing my virginity. I'm in for next year for sure and planning on an extendo trip.
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

Pics or it never happened....

Seriously, PICS!!
    Baller.....

"I'm a beer drinker with a mnt bike problem"

"Problem solved, problem staying solved"

Quote Originally Posted by Armyballer View Post
    Pics or it never happened....

Seriously, PICS!!
    http://www.hansonphotodesign.com/cop...tire-fest-2013

Give Drew a "like" on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanso...303837?fref=ts

Omg so thankful next year ill have vacation time and all that so I can join in on this stuff, looks like i missed out on having the time of my life with u guys. Next yr ppl, next year ill be joining in on these trips

Edit: just saw the dock jumping competition Omg that brings back memories, that alone would have been worth the trip, even if it meant tearing my 29er down completely to dry and clean it, would have been worth it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Tigris99; 09-06-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Wow man those are some wicked cool photos. Good job taking them drew. I'm starting to see that you are pretty much the man at photography. I really want to go to copper harbor now. Wish I would have been there for sure. The bridges and woodwork looks unreal. And man no kidding on that pier jump stuff. That is sick. Hats off y'all!

AG thanks for taking my bike. But I would like to get back from you thanks clutch

I'm working on making a video of the whole trip. Here is some of the video i have done. This is red trail in copper harbor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKz...e_gdata_player
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Kick ass!! Loved the pics.
    Baller.....

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

I finally had time to edit together a short clip of Gus's Overflow crash (click the image below). As for all the MTB crashes I have seen, it was a big one.

Gus, hopefully you are recovering quickly and without lasting damage.

Overflow Trail Gap Crash

That video is awesome and very nicely done! I'm back to work today. Some extremely sore ribs and knee and concussion but doing much better now. Good news, no surgery! ER doc said Cat 3 A/C seperation as seen in the video, 23 seconds in. But got back to Quad Cities and ORA docs said Cat 1 no surgery so I was extremely relieved with that news. Thank you so much to all who helped and took great care of me after I stupidly decided to crumple myself up! The FORCer's are truly an awesome group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    I finally had time to edit together a short clip of Gus's Overflow crash (click the image below). As for all the MTB crashes I have seen, it was a big one.

Gus, hopefully you are recovering quickly and without lasting damage.

Overflow Trail Gap Crash
    WOW...great crash, glad to see you walked away from that, I'd still be in the hospital.
    Baller.....