Thread: SBP Open by the Weekend

Default SBP Open by the Weekend

Got a preliminary report that the trails at SBP are darn near ready to go.

We have a ton of trees down so we'll need some chainsaw work. Who wants to help?
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

heading over straight after work. gonna start with the drainage issues on kickapoo up and down.

Anyone feel like a TT Saturday?
    I may have to grow old, but I'll never have to grow up.

If I can get my saw started I'll cut some up satruday morning.

I'll be out there early afternoon tomorrow with a rogue hoe.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I have a chainsaw and could spend and hour or two today (Fri). If someone can direct me on what to do, let me know what time I should show up.

Quote Originally Posted by dhoffmanz View Post
    I have a chainsaw and could spend and hour or two today (Fri). If someone can direct me on what to do, let me know what time I should show up.
    We have some insurance guidelines to meet. If you have been approved to use a chain saw come on out around 4. otherwise bring a shovel and a rake instead. I'm likely to be on kickapoo up or down.

Quote Originally Posted by Russhole View Post
    We have some insurance guidelines to meet. If you have been approved to use a chain saw come on out around 4. otherwise bring a shovel and a rake instead. I'm likely to be on kickapoo up or down.
    How do we know if we have been approved for chainsaw? I've used mine before and never had anyone say something.

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    How do we know if we have been approved for chainsaw? I've used mine before and never had anyone say something.
    I believe there were chainsaw courses that some FORC members took and they're the approved chainsaw users. Correct me if I'm wrong, since I am not approved to use a chainsaw.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

The average chainsaw injury requires one hundred ten (110) stitches.

We haven't had the chainsaw safety class yet but for the meantime those who are operating a chainsaw while doing trailwork should wear one of the four sets of chaps/helmet/faceshields FORC purchased to lessen our insurance liability and more importantly protect the operator. I think Schnaufer is still putting together a lesson plan for the class.

Below is a good video on chainsaw operation/safety produced by Washington State Department of Labor. Even if you use a chainsaw only a few times a year the video is worth watching.

Its really nice that I got off work an hour ago. Then i come on here and see that SBP is open then its like o lord Jesus haha

Quote Originally Posted by TronUserRider View Post
    Its really nice that I got off work an hour ago. Then i come on here and see that SBP is open then its like o lord Jesus haha
    Right?! Its on now.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by sixers2009 View Post
    Right?! Its on now.
    Damn Straight, it's on... I'm gonna get out of here asap and get back to work at Sunder. Then it's ride till my legs fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by DH001 View Post
    The average chainsaw injury requires one hundred ten (110) stitches.

We haven't had the chainsaw safety class yet but for the meantime those who are operating a chainsaw while doing trailwork should wear one of the four sets of chaps/helmet/faceshields FORC purchased to lessen our insurance liability and more importantly protect the operator. I think Schnaufer is still putting together a lesson plan for the class.
    First I'm hearing of this. Guess that means I won't be cutting trees today since I don't have any of that.