Thread: FORC'en Memorial weekend trip to Levis Trow Mounds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Board Position
    Insurance Manager

As I mentioned before Anna & I plan to do some paddling. They Black River there is very beautiful. A trip of anywhere from 4-8 hours on the river can be put together. Can also be from simple and fast water and class I Rapids to Class II-III. We have a spot held with Hatfield Sports Shop for Saturday Morning at 9am. Will decide next week based on outfitters suggestion which portion of the river will best meet our skill level, or the groups if anyone else interested. If left to our own(mine) choices would probably go with solid to strong Class II and about 5 hours on the water.
    However if there is strong interest from new paddlers we can just find some basic water and float down the river with a cooler of beer.

Price should be about $45-$60 per canoe.
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

I'll be up around Shawano running the Wolf River and riding Nicolet Rochet. Has anybody ever done NR? Make sure to check the flows on the Black. Surprisingly, it looks like it's currently too low to paddle (for any whitewater anyway).

The Wolf has a few class I-II sections and is close to the Black. American Whitewater has current flows and gauge locations:

http://www.americanwhitewater.org/co...mary/state/WI/
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.