Thread: Bar Ends at SIS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERFLYGUY View Post
    So I suppose since I was the cause of this whole mess I should at least comment (although I did see a lot of later class racers also scrambling to pull bar ends and change grips). First and foremost, I want to sincerely thank Healthy Habits and their crew for making a special trip back to their shop in Bettendorf to pick up grips! What a great shop and great guys! I was pulled from the Novice Race 4 minutes before the start. I bought my bike about a week before observing SIS 8 last year so this was my first year of riding and my first race and not knowing the rule was completely my fault. That being said, I was able to nervously make the 10:30am jump up to the Maverick Class and much to my surprise I finished 8th!!
    So much awesome in this post.

"...Healthy Habits and their crew for making a special trip back to their shop in Bettendorf to pick up grips!"
    ^^ that's incredible. LOVE to hear when shops go above and beyond to take care of peeps.

"...I was able to nervously make the 10:30am jump up to the Maverick Class and much to my surprise I finished 8th!!"
    ^^ you kicked A$$ Gus!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I spoke with USA Cycling today.....Bar ends are "allowed for all domestic MTB races on dirt"

Quote Originally Posted by Huck will tell you View Post
    I spoke with USA Cycling today.....Bar ends are "allowed for all domestic MTB races on dirt"
    I was caught out by this rule as well, big thanks to the FORC guy (bushy beard) that helped me out with the orange Oury grips, that was so nice to do!

I'd really like to see confirmation of this clarification in an official PDF or similar just to feel better.