Thread: Friday Stomp 3/29

Default Friday Stomp 3/29

Anybody up for a Friday stomp - maybe on the Iowa side (not sure what the trail status is for the stomping grounds)? I should be open anytime after 2pm.

Not sure if WoB in Iowa City still does their Friday evening fat bike rides, but maybe that's an option also.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

I'd love to go stompin' tomorrow, but I have my boy all day. I am planning on riding Credit Island with him aboard tomorrow morning and stopping to let him mess around on the playground and tank.

River levels are around 5.4 right now, just a few inches above what it was for the QCEFBS. It does look fairly muddy down close to the shoreline in spots, but I would think most of the sandy/rocky areas are good and up in the wooded areas...

Trail status for the Stomping Grounds is open, but I'd recommend some old ****-kickin boots if you have any.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Sixers and I went down there a few weeks ago when the floods were happening and it was a blast. I've been playing down there a few times a week and always find something new. Just stay up a little higher and play in the woods. There is also a great section in the middle of the island that is really fun to mess around in. But as Bad said, wear your boots, the adventure can get a little dirty.

Credit Island is like a late night brothel - just go and see what happens.