Thread: Bonaire June 21-28, 2014

Board Position
    Event Coordinator / Race Director

Cool Bonaire June 21-28, 2014

FORC is taking its biggest road trip yet to the island of Bonaire! Located in the Caribbean just above Venezuela, South America.
    Why Bonaire? The island supports Mountain Biking with 150 miles of interesting and invigorating mountain bike trails of various skill levels.
    Bonaire also supports excellent diving and snorkeling along the beautiful reefs circling the island. You can also kayak, hike, windsurf or just plain relax in the Caribbean sun.

If interested we are taking reservations for the cottages at the Hamlet Oasis where we are booking studio and 2 bedroom cottages. No need to pack you bike as we will make reservations as a group for bike rentals and the various other activities.
    Please see the attached flyer for pricing and other information.
    Deposits are due July 1st, 2013

http://www.qcforc.org/users/ag/BonAire2014info.pdf
    Last edited by SweetSVT99; 03-25-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Get out and ride !!

Board Position
    President

Yea, it's gonna be a crummy time fo sho! Guess we'll just have to suck it up! Thanks everyone for putting this together!
    I wanna ride!

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

Me and Poof will be hell to the yeah ready for a vacation by then! Money is down and Can't wait!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Board Position

Don't forget to get your deposits in for BonAire! Mountain biking in the Caribbean, sun, beach, scuba and lots of other fun craziness! Let me know if I have questions....Mandy

Board Position

Last call for deposits for the BonAire trip. We have 13 people so far headed to the Caribbean for some island Mountain biking, scuba diving, snorkeling enjoying the beautiful beaches, sunshine and lots of other caribbean fun!
    I'll be at the FORC meeting Monday if you have questions and take deposits. Wanted to try and get as many people as we can in this preliminary booking to get the rooms close together and guarantee the price as we are getting this years pricing. Rates could go up after the first of the year.

The info flyer is in the first post of this thread.

Let me know if you have questions....Mandy

Board Position

Good News!! We're keeping BonAire open for booking thru spring. As long as there is space available at the Hamlet Oasis we can book it. (Can't guarantee pricing, but, don't think the rates will change too much).
    Let me know if you have any question....mandy

Board Position

Reminder, BonAire is still open to book. Let me know if your interested. Awesome mountain biking and great diving are just a few things BonAire has to offer!! (See flyer attached to top of thread)
    For those of you who ARE booked....I am starting to look at flights and prices. Also, if you're interested in learning to dive let me know as I may be able to set up a dive class.

Curious...what kind of flight prices are you finding so far?
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Board Position

Today....getting rates @ $963.00 from Chicago. $1014.00 from Moline....problem from Moline is the return flight forces an overnite stay in Atlanta.
    Hoping the airlines get their act together on scheduling. As of right now Chicago is the ONLY airport we can get a same day return flight (watching Moline, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and Peoria). Worst case we caravan to Chicago and get a Hotel with a park and fly.

Board Position

Bonaire Meeting - Friday Febuary 28th, 7pm at Front Street Freight House.
    We'll go over info on flights and should have pricing for bike rentals and scuba lessons by then.
    Don't forget to check you passports to make sure they are valid.

I'm still taking reseravations. Join us if your interested in going or just have questions. Bonaire is a unique carribean island because it you can mountain bike and scuba dive a reef all in the same day!

Board Position

Default Reminder...Bonaire Meeting This Friday 7:00pm FSFH

Reminder
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMandy View Post
    We'll go over info on flights and should have pricing for bike rentals and scuba lessons by then.

I'm still taking reseravations. Join us if your interested in going or just have questions. Bonaire is a unique carribean island because it you can mountain bike and scuba dive a reef all in the same day!

I have a dentist appt on Friday at 2:30 and I've decided to take the rest of the day off. Should be done with the dentist by 3:30. Thinking I'll bring my fat bike with and go check out the stomping area for a bit during day light, say 4 PM. I know it's a work day, but join if you can.
    I wanna ride!

Board Position

Default Bonaire Meeting TONITE!

Reminder...Bonaire Meeting Tonite at FSFH at 7pm. Open to anyone interested in going to Bonaire

I'm still taking reseravations. Join us if your interested in going or just have questions. Bonaire is a unique carribean island because it you can mountain bike and scuba dive a reef all in the same day

Here's Base Camp for the FORCn Bonaire Trip! Should do the trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6QM3bMX80c

tic tic tic, getting close. To the Beach!

Board Position
    President

9 days 8 hrs 27min 05sec

Yes, I am counting
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.