Thread: SIS 9 Registration is OPEN

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Default SIS 9 Registration is OPEN

Online registration is now OPEN!

First 200 registrations will receive a Dri-Fit shirt with custom design work by Hanson Photo Design. We did our best to calculate all of the sizes but cannot guarantee that your size will be available once these registrations start filling up.

All registrations after that will receive custom Stampede FORC socks that look amazing!

It's going to be an exciting first race for the Illinois Homegrown Race Series and Iowa Mountain Bike Race Series.

Sign up now and get the Sylvan Island Stampede on your Calendar for April 14th!

See you there
    2012 World DodgeTyre Champion

The online registration is asking for my racing age as of 12/31/2012. This should be 2013, correct?
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    The online registration is asking for my racing age as of 12/31/2012. This should be 2013, correct?
    Yeah it should be 2013. It has been corrected.

Paypal doesn't like my credit card for some reason and won't accept it . . . those ba$tard$ . . . it's working fine at the gas pump and other spots

I guess I'll try again later . . . if it doesn't work be sure you get me an XL t-shirt

Big Jon in P-Town

Can you pre-ride the course on Saturday? Coming from out of town.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

Can you pre-ride the course on Saturday? Coming from out of town.
    Yes, you can pre-ride the island on Saturday. We will not be taping the entire course until late afternoon.

There is a course map available here: http://www.qcforc.org/races/sis/2013...Course-Map.pdf
    2012 World DodgeTyre Champion

Sweet. Now to pray to the bike gods that the weather is good enough to get a couple of weeks of riding in beforehand.

Quick question about the race... I registered for the sport class and then I noticed something about a USA cycling lisence? Is that going to hinder me from racing this Sunday? I don't have one and have no plans on getting one because my schedule only allows me to race the stampede this year. Can anyone help me understand this?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiro_biker View Post
    Quick question about the race... I registered for the sport class and then I noticed something about a USA cycling lisence? Is that going to hinder me from racing this Sunday? I don't have one and have no plans on getting one because my schedule only allows me to race the stampede this year. Can anyone help me understand this?
    Thanks!
    You just pay for a day license for I believe $10 (don't quote me on that). Unless you're doing quite a few races, not worth getting a license for the year.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For sport class (Cat 2) your one day license fee is included in the registration fee and is all you need to race. If you want to compete in the state championship, you need to have an annual license.

For anyone else reading....Novice (Cat 3) one-day license fee is included in the registration fee. Expert (Cat 1) requires an annual license to participate. It's not required for Open class.

Quote Originally Posted by life is vondaba View Post
    For sport class (Cat 2) your one day license fee is included in the registration fee and is all you need to race. If you want to compete in the state championship, you need to have an annual license.

For anyone else reading....Novice (Cat 3) one-day license fee is included in the registration fee. Expert (Cat 1) requires an annual license to participate. It's not required for Open class.
    That's good to know. I guess I won't be competing in Expert then.