Thread: Training ride - St Paddy style, Saturday noonish

Default Training ride - St Paddy style, Saturday noonish

"Drink one and ride" exercises. Wife & I starting Great River Brewery Golden Keg at 1230pm. Then on to village E. Dav for 1 at 11th precinct, 1 @ Old Chicago, 1 @ Kelly's and the Skydiving Leprechauns @ 330pm on 53rd. On to Azteca by Brady St Stadium for $2.00 32oz dos equis dark (cant have St Paddy's w/out mexican cerveza). Finish @ Filling Station for Corned Beef & Cabbage and Guinness drafts.
    This will be a good training pace of about 7 pints in 12 miles over 6 hours, so make sure you're fit for it.
    Might put on the black floyds for this one. We'll take bike path & sidestreets as much as possible, tail lights & lock recommended. Green required.

SASS and I will be downtown playing around. I refuse to conform to your tradition of wearing green, and as such will be wearing all black. However, in true hypocritical fashion, I'll be consuming the recommended overindulgence of beer and related beverages.

I'm sure I'll see you around town at some point! We are heading out here in a few minutes, first stop will be the first open Brewery or Dive Bar; living in the west end I'm guessing it'll be a dive bar. In fact, there's a strong chance we won't even make it past the end of our street.

Exceeded training expectations. Expired 5 pints prior to leaving the second stop in the village; lost track after that. Made it North in time for the Skydiving Leprechauns, and gorged at the Filling Station. I forgot how much I love Guinness. I think it was good training.