So on the Monday after the Houston trip I decided to head out to Comite in Baton Rouge to do some more riding in the beautiful weather.

After completing my first lap, I noticed a little pain on the outside of my left knee. The pain was all too familiar as I had the exact same pain in my right knee last fall shortly after a significant increase in riding miles...I was developing an overuse injury. I made the mistake of continuing to ride after the pain started, which resulted in quite a bit of soreness that night. The next day I went for another ride to see how it was feeling and the results were not good. More knee pain while riding, so I just cruised around at a slow pace.

Well this is just great...I'm finally starting to feel strong on the bike, but I can't ride because of this darn knee pain. Let this be a lesson kids...only increase mileage by 10% per week or risk wasting a lot of hard work! The timing of the injury was very convenient too...right before I begin a stretch with 4 races in 5 weekends. Perfect!