Thread: Vittetoe761's Cajun Adventures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A houston trip!?!? Man you hit all my old stomping grounds. Being that Memorial Park is pretty much centered right in the heart of the city, it gets a ton of use pretty much everyday of the week. Texas went through a massive drought the last two years which has killed something like 60% of the trees in the park. It is really quite unbelievable how many trees there used to be compared to now. This also means that most of the trees still standing are in pretty bad shape i.e. limbs falling on trails, etc...Ghorba.org does a pretty good job of keeping the trails maintained but thost particular trails get used so much that it makes it difficult to keep them in good shape.

Anthills is probably my favorite place to ride in Houston. Good, technical single track with offers a few good decents. Plus you get the jump park at the end!! I have spent many days at that place. This is one of jumps on the mid line...

Here is the complete mid line...

It is amazing how many good the lines flow at this place....a testament to the builders for sure. I am not sure if you saw the bowl area in the back but there is a ton of drops and gaps back there to hit. The main line or pro line is the one with those big kickers...I have hit the first of the set and the last of the set but I could never get up the jeuvos to hit the 2-3 in the middle of the set.

It sounds like you might of hit the pump track? Starts up at the top where the mid and pro lines start and winds its way down to the left of the mid line. Took me a full day to finally get the speed right on that damn thing...I was hitting the mid line before I could finish the damn pump track.

Man this makes me miss home!
    Last edited by nobrakes2007; 04-25-2013 at 10:39 AM.