Thread: Saturday Ride

Default Saturday Ride

Saturday is likely the only day that I am going to be able to get out this weekend. The tentative plan right now is to meet at the Freight House at 11:30.

What are the current conditions on the Enchanted stomp route? Guessing the QC has more snow than Bloomington. I just bought Lori a Mukluk and would love to come over to relive the ride now that she has the fatty. We'd probably come over on Saturday but possibly Sunday as well. I'm going to try to get some Bloomington/Peoria peeps to commit as well.
    Music isn't a hard life, it's just weird. Coal mining is hard.

Not sure about the stomping grounds, but everywhere else is covered in snow. 4-8" in some spots of Moline. I rode through some drifts on Tuesday night of 10"+ down by the Rock River. Stomping grounds are probably pretty nice right now.

I'm off Saturday and Sunday and I'm down to ride where ever.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Could do Saturday from 11:30-3 or 4.

I'm in for a Saturday stomp. I'm leaning towards a little earlier to take advantage of the freezing temps (15 degrees overnight) as the stomping grounds are best when frozen. Going to be a beautiful day!

Hope a few out-of-towners can make the trip up to join in the fun.

If anyone has a specific time they have to go, we can meet up somewhere, but I'm thinking of starting around 8:00am.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Ok, I got a babysitter lined up for Saturday morning, so the best I can do is 9:30 @ The Fright House. Will that work for you Badfish, otherwise I could just meet you toward Credit Island if you want to head out earlier? I've got a big ping pong tournament tonight, so I maybe a little sluggish.

Just shoot me a text in the morning and we'll go from there. I'll be playing around in the early sections and will be in no hurry.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

9:30 freight house would be good for me.

FM
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Badfish, I'll see you down there @8-8:15. I'll stop by the Freight and if you're not there I'll work my way down until I see you.

Quote Originally Posted by forcmeister View Post
    9:30 freight house would be good for me.

FM
    See you there.

If anyone else is interested in either of the times post up so we don't leave you behind.

Another Saturday of guzzling PBR and riding the fattie......can't wait.

Thanks for the input. We decided to head up to Kettle Moraine instead. Haven't done a fatty ride up there yet. Gonna be fun!
    Music isn't a hard life, it's just weird. Coal mining is hard.

Have fun Russ. That's an easy decision right there.

Looking like around 9:30 for me too. See you guys in the morning.

See you guys at 930!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy from CR is supposed to be here around 930 hope to catch you guys depending on when he gets here
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

9:30. Probably maybe definitely.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

thinkin imma be there..
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

well maybe not.. basketball game for the kid.
    the wheels on my bike go round and round......

That did not suck.

Fun pow!