Thread: Women's Skills Weekend at Ray's - Friday, March 15th

Default Women's Skills Weekend at Ray's - Friday, March 15th

Ladies, Ray's Indoor Mtn Bike Park is once again hosting a free Women's Skills Clinic on Friday, March 15th in Milwaukee: http://www.raysmtb.com/mke/index.php...d=56&Itemid=89

This is an EXCELLENT event and will allow you to challenge yourself all the while feeling like a kid again! The instructors are terrific (all experts in their specific riding style -- cross country, downhill, bmx, etc), and the facility is amazing. The clinic is open to ladies (no guys until after 4 PM), free instruction, free entrance to the park for the day (and half price for ladies the rest of the weekend), and a ton of swag. You will come away from the skills clinic with renewed RIDING CONFIDENCE. You will be so ready to get out on the trails with an uparalleled sense of impatience! ;-)

You can rent a bike there (give them plenty of advance warning because it will be a packed house). I prefer to bring my own bike because I like to learn/practice on the bike I normally ride. The downside is that there is a possiblity that you may damage you bike (rip off a derailler, scratch or dent a frame), so factor that into your decision.

I know some people are driving up on Thursday evening and plan to return Friday after the clinic. Others plan to stay the entire weekend. Whatever your flavor, I am certain you will be pleased with the experience. It is a blast! If you have interest in carpooling, post here as there are others who have metioned carpooling as well.
    Last edited by Bexter; 02-26-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    I wanna ride!

Today seems perfect to remind all you adventuresome ladies that in a little over a week, you have the opportunity to meet and receive feedback on your riding from phenominal bike instructors at the Women's Skills Clinic at Ray's Indoor Mountain Bike Park (Friday, March 15th in Milwaukee). This is an amazing event and it's FREE! Want to mountain bike better? Make it a point to attend the skills clinic!
    I wanna ride!

Bumping this thread. Not too late to join in. A caravan from the QCA will be leaving Rock Island around 5:45 Thursday night!!
    I wanna ride!

Dirt Rag website's coverage of the women's sills clinic:

http://www.dirtragmag.com/webrag/no-...nd-rays-indoor
    I wanna ride!