Thread: First Aid/CPR Training

Default First Aid/CPR Training

Hey FORCER's here's a great opportunity! The American Heart Association will certifiy all who desire for $6.00!! Yes you heard that right, $6. But wait there's more! If we get about 10 people who are interested they will work around our schedule and tailor the class to MTB concerns. So here's the skinny:
    First Aid will be one night, approx. 3hrs, CPR/AED one night, approx. 3 hrs. $6 total!
    We need to get about 10 folks to committ, so please post up here if you would be interested.
    Gaining First aid and CPR knowledge is a benefit to everyone, even if you don't want to be a Patroller. Feeling less helpless should an accident happen will make us all better bikers and FORCERs. Post up now so we can schedule classes for mid-to-late March.
    A big Thank You to Len G. (GULDY) for finding this opportunity. Sweet deal fo sho!

I am interested.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

I want in on this too.
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

i am in! thx!

The Doctor is interested... Would make things way easier for the patrol certification.
    "Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."
    -John Wayne

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Does this mean the club is buying an AED?
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkn1 View Post
    Does this mean the club is buying an AED?
    No we are just going to use an old car battery.
    Actually Red Cross/American Heart assoc. both teach the CPR together with the AED. But, it has been discussed that the various 'Sport' clubs (QCBC, FORC, CBRC etc.) around the area may want to buy an AED together. It is rare that more than one club would have an event on any given weekend, so the unit could be shared. Something to think about.

Now, who else wants to learn First Aid/CPR! Come on post up we need more folks!

I am interested, I had to patch myself up a couple of times this past year doing trail work at Illiniwek after knicking my leg with a sharp shovel. I'd like to be able to help one of my fellow trail crew if they were in the same situation.

This sounds like an awesome opportunity! I don't need the CPR and I'm already doing an online first aid but $6 is amazing!!!! Even if people don't want to do MTBP they should consider taking this class for their information only! Learning CPR could save your family member's life and you do also learn how to care for bloody noses... because we all see those!

Very interested. Would love to do it.

I would also do it.

I am interested.

Bringing this up 1 more time, post up, you know you want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    Hey FORCER's here's a great opportunity! The American Heart Association will certifiy all who desire for $6.00!! Yes you heard that right, $6. But wait there's more! If we get about 10 people who are interested they will work around our schedule and tailor the class to MTB concerns. So here's the skinny:
    First Aid will be one night, approx. 3hrs, CPR/AED one night, approx. 3 hrs. $6 total!
    We need to get about 10 folks to committ, so please post up here if you would be interested.
    Gaining First aid and CPR knowledge is a benefit to everyone, even if you don't want to be a Patroller. Feeling less helpless should an accident happen will make us all better bikers and FORCERs. Post up now so we can schedule classes for mid-to-late March.
    A big Thank You to Len G. (GULDY) for finding this opportunity. Sweet deal fo sho!

Board Position
    Insurance Manager

I am interested. If the dates work I would even bring my two teenagers to get them certified. So that would help with numbers. Tuesday or Wednesday nights maybe?
    A Value Oriented Cyclist

Looks like we'll have enough for the classes. The instructor will be back late next week, I should be able to provide details the week of March 11. Still shooting for classes week of March 18 or 25, TBD. Stay tuned!

Apologies for delay. The instructor is a firefighter on the Arsenal, and a federal employee, and their union rep, affected by the budget sequester so he's been preoccupied. I am to get details from him Tues 12th, so stay tuned. He may give us option to do all 6hrs on a Sunday afternoon (this rainy Sunday would've been nice but not happening).
    Standby!

Not the best of news for progress. In mid-February when the instructor and I originally discussed the classes, costs, requirements, options and such, I was in the understanding it was a fairly easy routine event and had no indication the sequester/furlough would impact the plans.
    My apologies, for now the instructor will not make any commitments or class schedules, if any, until after 28 March. Persons that were interested in this low cost class might consider pursuing other options that meet your needs. When or if I get something much firmer, I'll resurrect this option.