Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QC Enchanted Fat Bike Stomp! 2/16 10:00am

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Is the bar cash only?
    Nope. But I would guess it would be easier to bring some cash as we will be buying canned beer by the 12 pack to have around the fire. I'd prefer to buy beer from them, but if you want to bring your own sipping flask, that's cool.

There may be a beer troll at the bike bridge we'll have to deal with....
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Is the bar cash only?
    Dee's takes plastic!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

There may be a beer troll at the bike bridge we'll have to deal with....
    I like that.

Don't want to be standing in that debit card line.

I will be there.

If ur not coming ur missing the ride of ur life. Get here! No regrets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just in....pizza will be provided by Friends of Off Road Cycling for the masses at Front Street Brewery tasting room after the stomp! This is where we will be meeting in the morning. Stay and have some pie and tasty brew after the show!

Cheers!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Last 2 .gifs for this ride...................................

Last edited by Westy_3; 02-15-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Does anyone have a SRAM 10speed rear derailleur? Just bent mine today.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by badfish41 View Post
    This just in....pizza will be provided by Friends of Off Road Cycling for the masses at Front Street Brewery tasting room after the stomp! This is where we will be meeting in the morning. Stay and have some pie and tasty brew after the show!

Cheers!
    It there an ETA for making it back to front street? Though I'm guessing that any ETA would be the wildest of all SWAG's.

BTW - Merry Stompin' eve to you and yours. Hopefully those of us hoping for a White Stomp will be able to find a way to cope.
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Got a new derailleur. Trek store had me covered.
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Can't make it now. Uncle passed away and the funeral is tomorrow. :-(
    I wanna ride!

Quote Originally Posted by BD83 View Post
    It there an ETA for making it back to front street? Though I'm guessing that any ETA would be the wildest of all SWAG's.

BTW - Merry Stompin' eve to you and yours. Hopefully those of us hoping for a White Stomp will be able to find a way to cope.
    Rough plan is to be at Dee's by 1:00-1:30 and leave by 3:00-3:30 with arrival back at FSBFH by 6:00/dark. Pizza sometime after 7:00.

See you in the morning!

Want to give an obvious heads up: Stomped Credit 3 mornings this week and witnessed 3 different bike-ride-killing malfunctions due to the terrain. If you are going tomorrow, please pay close attention to your wheels and RD's and the people's around you. There is so much awesome crap on that island that can destroy a rear wheel, RD, or hanger in matter of seconds.

This is going to be ridiculously fun.

have fun tomorrow! I'll be doing an Urban Stomp here in Philly to show some solidarity. It will include a lap at Wissahickon Gorge, followed by some Q at Tommy Gun's BBQ and finished with some excellent ale from Philadelphia Brewing Company at Atlantis, the Lost Bar. There will be +25 miles covered, between 1500-2000+ feet of elevation climbed and many beers to celebrate.
    Lance Lau

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantic View Post
    have fun tomorrow! I'll be doing an Urban Stomp here in Philly to show some solidarity. It will include a lap at Wissahickon Gorge, followed by some Q at Tommy Gun's BBQ and finished with some excellent ale from Philadelphia Brewing Company at Atlantis, the Lost Bar. There will be +25 miles covered, between 1500-2000+ feet of elevation climbed and many beers to celebrate.
    That's awesome.

Board Position
    President

Quote Originally Posted by gigantic View Post
    I will take a Kilty Pleasure and some spare ribs, Philly Style please.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

meh
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

Wow

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Illiniwek; Web Director

The whole gallery: Enchanted Fatbike Stomp

What was the final turnout? I counted 59 people in one of the group photos towards the beginning of the ride.

wow!

that is the best use of TT bars that I've ever seen, btw.
    Lance Lau

Garmin Data:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2...qnN183mI.gmail

notice the straight line from the island back to FSBFH...this was after I demolished my RD and must've forgot to restart the GPS. so...add roughly ~3 miles to the total...
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Wherever there is trouble, you will find me.

70 bikers- 6 hours riding in 25 degrees with a beer stop on the way to the beer stop...

THIS WAS AWESOME!!

Believe in yourself? Well sure, of course. But be aware that "believing in myself" has been the root cause of most of my injuries.

"I feel sorry for people who don't do this." -Badfish41- after bombing the Hermosa's at Levis Trow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrato View Post
    70 bikers- 6 hours riding in 25 degrees with a beer stop on the way to the beer stop...

THIS WAS AWESOME!!
    Dude, you need to tell us about your lefty.
    Lance Lau

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sylvan Island

That ride yesterday was one for the history books my friends, I had a blast! Thank you to everyone who organized it and everyone who showed up.

FM
    In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

Still hungover. I woke up this morning freaking out because I thought I had left Randy's Necro on my porch. I ended up tripping over it running to check. Haha.

I think I used up all of my fun fund for 2013 on that one day.