Thread: NMBP Patroller/Ambassador Class

Default NMBP Patroller/Ambassador Class

National Mountain Bike Patrol/Ambassador Class!
    Monday Feb 11, 2013 - 6pm - Patroller/Ambassador Qualifications/Responsibilities, approx. 2 hrs
    Wednesday Feb 13, 2012 - 6pm - Basic Bike Repair for Patrollers/Ambassadors (if needed), approx. 2 hrs
    These classes will make you an Ambassador, add first aid/CPR training and you are a Patroller, it's that easy. Help support and promote the sport we love!
    Location to be announced. It will most likely be a place with food & beverage.
    Please post up and let me know if you are going to attend

I'll be there!
    JB
    "I've spent half of my life riding a bike, the other half I wasted!"

I'll be at Feb 11th class. Thanks for coordinating & instructing!

I can make the class on the 11th as well.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I'm in for the 11th
    "Coach says I've got the heart of a champion and legs of a spectator"

I'm in on the ! Thanks Dave!

Patroller/Ambassador class update! Talking with IMBA yesterday I found out they killed the Ambassador program. So, Patroller is your only choice. That means to get the 'Pro Deals' and cool red shirt you will have to get CPR/First aid certification. I hope everyone will still join in but I understand if blood, or the extra cost/time for CPR/first aid, isn't your gig. I know acw4red lives for blood so that will work out. Sorry for the change, FORCers are already excellant ambassadors of this sport, let's add a few patrollers.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtboy View Post
    I know acw4red lives for blood so that will work out.
    Dang, is it that obvious?

I'm still in.

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

Do I need to retake the class if I never acted on the training last time?
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

with your memory, you may want to. Actually if you took the class last time you really don't have to retake it. You will need to register at IMBA, take the online quiz, get your first aid/CPR certs, fill out the form and send in the $. Other than the first aid/CPR class the other stuff only takes about 20 minutes. I can sign off as your instructor although I'm not sure they even ask that. Thanks to all for stepping up for this, remember, "It's OK, we're Mountain Bike Patrol"

I just signed up for a first aid class with the Red Cross. It is mostly online with a 45 minutes skill session on Feb 21. I don't get first aid through work so this class should suffice for MTBP. Down side was cost was $70. By then I should be up to snuff on my bike mechanic skills and ready to own a pretty red jersey.

National Mountain Bike Patrol Class!

Monday Feb 11, 2013 - 6pm - Patroller Qualifications/Responsibilities, approx. 2 hrs

Wednesday Feb 13, 2012 - 6pm - Basic Bike Repair for Patrollers (if needed), approx. 2 hrs
    If you were at the meeting on Monday you heard me relate that IMBA is no longer offering Ambassadorships. So it's full blown Patroller or bust! These classes, together with, first aid/CPR training will make you a Patroller, it's that easy. Help support and promote the sport we love!

Please post up, if you haven't already, and let me know if you are going to attend

I can't deal with blood, broken bones, and maimed human beings in general. Ambassador program is gone, I'm out.

sorry.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Here's your reminder. Patroller class tonight. We'll see everybody who signed up there tonight. If you aren't signed up but decided you want to do this, reread this thread and join us tonight.

National Mountain Bike Patrol Class!

Monday Feb 11, 2013 - 6pm - Patroller Qualifications/Responsibilities, approx. 2 hrs

IT"S OK! We're Mountain Bike Patrol! Thank you Len, Amber, Anna, Derek for attending the classroom portion of MTB Patrol Training. It will be great to have a few more RedShirts helping out at FORC functions. Hey guys, be sure to post up when you have completed the First Aid/CPR and have official IMBA MTB Patroller status. Then we can all give you a big ATTA BOY &/or GIRL. Thanks again for giving your time, money and support to the sport and the club.
    db