Thread: Women's Weekend at Ray's March 15th and shirts if you want one...

Default Women's Weekend at Ray's March 15th and shirts if you want one...

Ladies, Ray's Indoor Mtn Bike Park is once again hosting a free Women's Skills Clinic on Friday, March 15th in Milwaukee: http://www.raysmtb.com/mke/index.php...d=56&Itemid=89

This is an EXCELLENT event and will allow you to challenge yourself all the while feeling like a kid again! The instructors are terrific (all experts in their specific riding style -- cross country, downhill, bmx, etc), and the facility is amazing. The clinic is open to ladies (no guys until after 4 PM), free instruction, free entrance to the park for the day (and half price for ladies the rest of the weekend), and a ton of swag. You will come away from the skills clinic with renewed RIDING CONFIDENCE. You will be so ready to get out on the trails with an uparalleled sense of impatience! ;-)

You can rent a bike there (give them plenty of advance warning because it will be a packed house), but you will want to bring your own helmet and elbow pads (they provide knee/shin guards). I prefer to bring my own bike because then I am learning/practicing on the bike I normally ride. The downside is that there is a possiblity that you may damage you bike (rip off a derailler, scratch or dent a frame), so factor that into your decision.

I know some people are driving up on Thursday evening and plan to return Friday after the clinic. Others plan to stay the entire weekend. Whatever your flavor, I am certain you will really you will be pleased to enjoy the experience. It is a blast! If you have interest in carpooling, post here as there are others who have metioned carpooling as well.

Last year, we had shirts made. It was pretty awesome for 30 of us to represent last year! Looks like we will have shirts this year as well, though a friend of mine in Bloomington has taken on the project this year (thanks Caroline!). The shirts will be women's BLACK short-sleeved tech material (see here --> http://www.onestopinc.com/s/catalog/s/CN082) with white print. Incidentally, the model wearing the shirt seems like she's in pain to me. The front of the shirt is a female mtn biker with the words got courage. The back will be the same as last year: a mtn bike wheel with Midwest Dirt Divas and our local bike club logos.

If you're interested in getting a shirt, they will be $19. A group of us are riding in Florida in early February and we want our shirts by then. So while I know it's short notice, if you want a shirt, let me know by Wednesday 1/23 what size you need and I can PM you payment info for the Pay Pal account you can send your $19 to.
    I wanna ride!

Amanda really wants to go, and we're trying to work out logistics with the kids.

I doubt she would go for it, but I've told her if we can't find a sitter to go without me. She's not too hip to that idea...yet. ;-)
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

I certainly understand her wanting you to go, but it is a drag for the guys to hang out all day and not be permitted to ride. However it works out, there will be plenty of us there to keep an eye on her.
    I wanna ride!

all logistics have been worked out!

thank you, Bexter!

Quote Originally Posted by Bexter View Post
    ...you will want to bring your own helmet and elbow pads (they provide knee/shin guards).
    they now provide elbow pads and helmets are available for rentals. not sure how you feel about that, but I prefer to put a helmet on my head that has only my sweat in it.

I at least want the shirt!

Anna, they need the shirt orders in by Noon tomorrow. Email me what size shirt you want and I can give you Pay Pal payment instructions.
    I wanna ride!