Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Save The Date: Feb 2 - FORCn Winter Party

She better hang around I'll be making a fashionably late arrival
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

I'd like to RSVP that my family (hubby and I, plus 3 little ones) will be attending and bringing some chili! We are looking forward to it!

I will be bringing an award winning chili as well.

Mark me down for 2- the boy will be there with me.

Who else is bringing chili?? Post it up!
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Sunderbruch

I'll be bringing a damn good chili!
    2012 World DodgeTyre Champion

my wonderfully lovely bride will be entering her chili.
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Jake's professed his win, so I give. I have a crappy recipe that sucks so I'll just flush whatever does not make people puke. My wife & I will be there.

I don't cook. I am a connoisseur of fine chilis and beers, though.

Board Position
    President

Looks like my mom and sister will have an entry (2). The Griesenbeck klan will be we'll represented.
    You'd understand if you know what I was talking about.

You know what I'm looking forward to? Identifying all these new people that have appeared on the Forum in the last year. Please be sure to let us know your Forum name when you introduce yourself to peeps on Saturday.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

Exciting Development! No one will walk away from this event empty handed! That's right. Every single participant and chili judge at the FORC Winter Party will walk away with a prize... Each person will receive their very own Dutch Oven! It will be good for about 24-48 hours use and will be delivered right to your bedroom on Sunday morning! If you were on the fence, get off! This is a can't-miss event!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nothing to see here.
    I do not exist.

Does anyone want to meet up at vanderveer park and ride down with me?
    I think Ill pass on that dutch oven fester!

I will but I'll be a bit behind I don't get off work til 5 I'll see if I can get out at 4
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Let me know, Im somewhat hesitant to ride alone with some of the traffic going to down town.
    pm me, and if anyone else wants to join the more the better!

Quote Originally Posted by legendlime05 View Post
    Let me know, Im somewhat hesitant to ride alone with some of the traffic going to down town.
    pm me, and if anyone else wants to join the more the better!
    I'd ride down with ya, but I'll have chili and a 2 year old...

I've found that Main St. if you are coming from Vanderveer Park is a good route. I ride on the sidewalks if traffic is bad, and have no problem with it.

I know there are quite a few idiot drivers in this town from personal experience. Wear a helmet, lights if needed and obey traffic as much as possible. You always get those idiots that try and wave you through a 4 way stop while they are stopped and before you even get there. I always ride slow and keep my eyes peeled. Side streets and alleys are also a good way to cruise through town. I don't own a road bike, so I have no problem taking the path less traveled.

If I'm in a hurry, I'll drive.
    "Start and end at a brewery, and a very cool snow and Ice urban/cross country, lake ride in between with flasks ful of Krakin... YAH MON!!!!" - Vibrato

"Every one of you should ride a bike and be yourself. I really and truly believe that bikes make the world better, and that anyone who spends some time getting used to life on the saddle will find that it makes their life and the world that their life is locked to, better; in almost every way." -Gern Blanston, Surly Bikes

Main St is your best option coming from Vanderveer. Low traffic and wide lanes. You wouldn't have any problem riding alone.

Get out and ride !!

EP and I will be present and will have a chili entry. Whose chili recipe we will use has yet to be determined. We will likely settle this through thumb wrestling like any respectable, loving couple.

Quote Originally Posted by acw4red View Post
    EP and I will be present and will have a chili entry. Whose chili recipe we will use has yet to be determined. We will likely settle this through thumb wrestling like any respectable, loving couple.
    Or just make it a REAL competition and enter two!

Board Position
    Trail Steward - Geneseo Prairie Park

The wife and I will be entering some sort of concoction for this trainwreck.
    ANYTHING can be fixed...how badly do you want it?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkn1 View Post
    The wife and I will be entering some sort of concoction for this trainwreck.
    Don't let up on the heat. Last year's was stellar!

Shinbori and I plan to whip up something that will help with Fester's parting gift...
    I wanna ride!

The plans are really coming together. Thanks in advance to all those who will be submitting a chili. The trophy, if you haven't seen it, yet, is absolutely sick! Believe me, you will really WANT to win, so don't shoot yourself in the foot by adding a flipping pig's hoof in your chili. When you see the trophy you are forfeiting by making a nasty chili, you will immediately regret it!

Also, thanks to the efforts of so many we will have music, swag, merchandise, door prizes, LBS gift certificates and all kinds of great stuff to be had and enjoyed.

And don't forget this year something new: The 1st Annual Gunchie Awards will be handed out!

Best Chili of the Year
    Best FORC'n Moment of the Year
    Best FORC'n Inanimate Object of the Year

Who will win? There's only one person who knows. Watch this thread to see if you or something you represent will receive a nomination.

BTW, a sh!tload of people are RSVP'd for this party. Who's scared? I'm not scared.
    Dirt Don't Hurt

The Neipert family will be in attendance. Not giong to bring a chili but am sure going to eat as much chili as I possibly can. Sunday should be fun.
    Tourist

Sounds like a blast! I am looking forward to it.

This is vibrato- my road kill chili got just many votes as most, and Vonda wouldn't even taste it! Hell, I beat Russholes shagnasty chili!
    "DOES THIS BIKE MAKE MY ASS LOOK FAST?"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.