Thread: Moved up to 29er finally!

Default Moved up to 29er finally!

Still got my 26" BB Bike, be keeping that till it breaks in half, whole sentimental thing since it got me down under weight limit for something nicer....

Got my Marlin paid off today. Got a different seat with it cause stock seat was a bit too harsh. Going to take some getting used to this style triggers and stock grips BLOW even with my gloves but overall love the thing. Gave it a short ride on the paved path here with my son. Wish they made gear for the cold for kids his age so we could ride more.

Congrats on the new steed! Sky is the limit on a 29er, your gonna love it man.

Way to go buddy!
    "ya, well...that's like...your...opinion. man."

Nice!

Sweet ride! I love my new trek
    Experiencing the world through second hand information isn’t enough. If we want authenticity we have to initiate it. We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

Default LOVE THIS BIKE!!! I hugged it today :p

Finally got the first ride in thnx to the Steward not closing sylvan but felt bad, left a couple bad rutts near the dirt jumps cause didnt realize that area was so soft till I got into it.

Gotta say, may not be the "high end" Trek but omg its a really nice ride, felt great, now I see why ppl say a bike should be an extension of your body, cause this thing feels like its a part of me when riding. Surprisingly its as nimble as my 26" in the corners but feels way less "touchy".

the ODI Ruffian grips I got, love them (with gloves of course). really thin and fell hard but riding they feel better that the cheap gel ergos I have on my 26.

Forks blow ass though, thought they would be the same as what i bought for my 26" but their NOT!!! Same model except style of lockout, but the HLO version on my 26" is SO much better, which is pretty bad being they are cheap Suntour forks. Got shop here ordering me the same forks that come on the Mambas, RS XC32 TK with the G2. Hes giving me a good discount too which is awesome, dont have to pay full price for them.

Btw, it doesnt look that dirty in the pic but it was pretty nasty:

Last edited by Tigris99; 01-19-2013 at 03:54 PM.